Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '34 Ford Truck, Hay Hauler to Hot Rod(Done!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3dnsouth, Dec 15, 2013.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

where'd he go?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Was wondering the same thing. My guess is that he'll update us all at once with more breathtaking hot roddery, collectively blowing our minds, so much so, that we go into the garage and kick our own projects for being so god damned average.

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

Impatiently waiting.....

4. trucks lookin' great. Those looms are real clean & simple. Nice work.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a cool project, Tim! I'm just now seeing it. Love the late '50s / early '60s look with the chrome, paint color, wide whites and Moon discs, SBC/4-speed.... Just killer!

I hope to see you with it out on the road somewhere this summer.

Malcolm

6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

just seeing this for the first time too. Damn fine start, keep us posted

7. farmer12

farmer12

I was thinking the same thing........

8. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

More pictures please!....where did you get your bed, tailgate and patch panels?...really nice truck!

9. OK fellas, made it back. Sorry for the long intermission, been workin' a ton. Let's get this damn thing set together. There's nothing like finally getting some some color put onto a body you've been sanding....like...forever. Started early and stayed late. I'm tellin' ya, this paint stuff ain't a snap, and I was just helpin' where I could. I did get to shoot underneath, where no one would see:D.
    How 'bout some pics.

Wipe, wipe, wipe....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woohoo, color on the firewall...
    [​IMG]

10. On to the HOK Solar Gold. Every time you take a picture of that color, it looks different. There's a ton of metallic in it. It was what I was lookin' for. See whatcha think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lookin' slick...
    [​IMG]

You can kinda get an idea on the metallic in this shot.
    [​IMG]

Man, it's a hold your breath time when the color finally goes on the body panels. Chad did a super job layin' the color to it, tickled to death. (hey, point n' shoot camera, that's all I've got, wish the shots were better...)

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  11. Time to round up the hands and get this thing set together. Man, ya just never know...

A couple o' inside shots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I be likin' it ....

HAD to roll it it outside...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then, got 'er back home in my shop so I could start on all of the detail stuff. Man, it takes time doin' all the little stuff that's NOT the big wow. But I enjoy it.
    [​IMG]

Again, sorry for the delay on the updates. Everything I seem to get on it makes it look that much better. Hope it's gonna be a good 'un!

D-Russ, Asphalt Angel and kiwijeff like this.
  12. NICK, what's up dude!? Glad ya caught the thread. Prolly see ya out and around somewhere this year. Still lovin' yer ride, looks great man!

13. The bed parts came from Mack Hils in Missouri. The patch panels were from Howell's Sheetmetal (if i remember correctly...). Hope you enjoy the "more pics".

Thanks for the good words and checkin' in fellas!

14. wow!!!
    Charlie.

15. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome!! Came out looking great. Good to see you're back.

16. Wow!!! You didn't disappoint! Fantastic pickup you've got there

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Great looking hot rod! Nice work.

18. clem

clem

Wow, love that paint. - there is a thread on here about cars that have the 'stance', this truck has it. Thanks for posting.

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fine build, 3dnsouth ! Maybe we will see you at Austin, April 4 & 5, for the Lonestar Roundup.

20. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great truck. It's got "the look" for sure - color, stance, wheels/tires, engine details. Congrats!!!!

21. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just found this thread. Great truck! I really dig the angled holes in the bones and thank you for taking the time to shape the firewall recess to something other than a square.

I never would have picked that color, but seeing it coming together changes my mind. That thing is spot on. Well done sir!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm sad...the build is almost over. It was a fun ride.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Don't be sad Larry. Believe me, when you think it's about over.....it ain't!:D Details, details.

Here are some pictures of some bed work. I really liked going with the firewall color for the bed floor. The polished half-round stainless set it off nicely. I polished all of the button head screws for the dang bed floor. It was worth it.
    On to the pics.

I fabbed up the tailgate hinge/brackets from some stainless plate. Used some stainless rod for the hinge pin, threaded for acorn nuts on the ends. Buffed all of the stainless to a shine, of course.
    [​IMG]

You can see what the "hump" is all about in the bed in this shot. Would have been nice to have an unobstructed floor, but...not to be.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't weld up the holes in the back of the cab like most folks do. Instead, I polished up some stainless carriage bolts and installed them. It kind of breaks up the flat areas on each side of the window and dresses up the large belt line of the cab.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work, work, work. Man, it's still different having watch what you're doin', bein' careful with settin' tools down and droppin' stuff. I try to set rags or something down around where I'm workin. AND, keep my beer can in a well padded coozy.:D

D-Russ and kiwijeff like this.
  24. Very nice, great detail work!

25. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

WOW...that looks awesome!!!

27. Squablow

Squablow

Love this, incredible work. Also, probably the first car I've ever seen that I liked Moon disks on. They look great on this pickup. Well done.

28. maddog1949

maddog1949