Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. here are the photos 20150831_123027_resized.jpg 20150831_123919_resized.jpg 20150831_123035_resized.jpg 20150831_123043_resized.jpg

Stogy, TFoch, volvobrynk and 2 others like this.
  2. everybody is a comedian 20150831_123431_resized.jpg

3. YJ4000

YJ4000

That's lookin' really nice!

Ryan.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. I wish those magazine photos were in color:rolleyes: I was in Tennessee this week visiting an old friend who also remembers this 33 from back in the day! I won't tell you what he said when I told him the rims are black instead of red as they were. It was not pretty! :eek:

Stogy likes this.
  5. maybe you two could get group therapy rates.:rolleyes:

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and Dick Stevens like this.
  6. ted 009.JPG ted 012.JPG ted 013.JPG ted 020.JPG ted 021.JPG trying to attach some photos sent to me;

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  7. working on the running board covers ted 024.JPG

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  8. Road Duster

Road Duster

I like it. Looks good.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. Wow that looks great! They do nice work.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. Thanks Frank and Tom.
    work is being done by Classic Upholstery in Danbury. they have been working with me all along.

11. pumpman

pumpman

Wow, they do real nice work. It just keeps getting better. You should be proud.

12. Wasn't the interior Red and White back in the day?:rolleyes::p
    Looking Good!:cool:

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That's the way I read it too :rolleyes: what's the scoop on not doing it the same as it was? o_O
    It sure does look good the way you had it done, though!

14. I am just breaking balls.:D It was red & white as were the rims red. I am an old guy (his cousin) and had a ride in the coupe by his dad 54 years ago.:eek: Anyway it's a generational thing.:rolleyes: Don't be too hard on the kid.:cool:

15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I did understand the fact that you were just giving him a bit of friendly crap, although I didn't know about it being a family thing.

16. they do good work, i am very happy.....and the price was just short of the roof rafters:D:)

you know it was, but it was not done this well.

it was red and white......i never cared for that color combo....time for A COOL CHANGE.

just hang on to the memories of it red.

all good!
    my dad made changes in the years he drove it, if you check out the magazine articles you can see the changes. i was shooting for a 63-64 rebuild [about the time i came along] . so it is possible he might have changed to the bigger motor, and a better made and different color interior [styles were changing then] .

17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

If my Dad had ever built a hot rod and I ended up with it, I would most likely keep it as originally built, certainly doesn't make that way the only good way to do it. I am a guy that doesn't subscribe to the theory that every old build should be kept as a survivor. I would probably pick the green instead of red too, but just thought you wanted to bring it all back up to being in top condition how your Dad had built it. As I said, I like it as you have done it, it is super and would make me smile very broadly if it was parked in my garage instead of yours! :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. well, the car when my dad had it was this exact green, the wheels were red and the upholstery was red and white, all i did was duplicate what he did but swopped out the red for black. the design is the same /close of the upholstery. don't forget, he has been working on this with me and loves the way it came out. so basically it is the way he did it........just not the way he did it then:cool:
    red with green?......not my style.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Road Runner

Road Runner

In visual arts, when you combine red and green it's about clash, contrast and attention.
    Very appealing to youngsters.
    Black and White are not colors, but the white in that mix gives life to darker colors used with them.

Gold or Chrome are best friends with Green and Black, like they complete each other.

hipster, volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Think of all the high end restorations at Hershey and Pebble Beach that were done with black & white photos to document the correctness of features. Bob

Road Runner and tb33anda3rd like this.
  21. You are a very very lucky guy to not only have "had" the same coool ass car for so many years, but to share that joy of building/rebuilding/upgrading it with him....I only wish I had that kind of connection with my Dad... Be appreciative of all you have.....

loudbang, volvobrynk, TFoch and 2 others like this.
  22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Exactly, I am a little jealous, I never had that kind of relationship with my Dad. He thought of cars as just a means of transportation.

Runnin shine likes this.
  23. :)

if you look at the overhead shot at the upholstery shop [post1302] there is a black buick that is getting a lime green interior.........i like it

24. thanks i am lucky, and thankful everyday for dad, buddy, mentor, and roll model

?

growing up in a car culture, people that think of cars as just transportation has always confused me.

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

growing up in a car culture, people that think of cars as just transportation has always confused me.[/QUOTE]

It didn't stop me from loving cars and motorcycles, what ever would go fast was for me :cool:

volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. Sprockmonster

Sprockmonster

Original owner of the car stopped by with it just now. It's been said before, and I'll say it again... Pictures don't do this car justice. It is Beautiful! Pop didn't want to do any burnouts with it though:D:D

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Saw the Coupe at the Sycamore in Bethel a few hours ago along with the original two high schoolers. Bob 2015 LARS Fund 651.jpg

Stogy, TFoch, kidcampbell71 and 4 others like this.