Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. not color sanding the underside:cool:
    i did not do any filling or filler primer on the undersides, my dad had them just brushed painted and it was fine. i shot them in all their imperfect glory, pitting, waves and hammer dings.............if it was too nice it may get confused for being glass:eek::):cool:

2. seatex

seatex

Ya gonna put a ford motor in it?:rolleyes: That color is beautiful:cool:

Richard Head and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BradinNC, volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. Damn...That looks nice!!!!

5. funny!.............. maybe a kia motor.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool:

thanks, moose.
    here is the paint i used; DSCF4023.JPG

6. underside/backside of hood painted [dirty camera lens]
    and fenders wet sanded and cleaned ready to paint. DSCF4025.JPG DSCF4024.JPG

volvobrynk and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  7. Road Duster

Road Duster

Ted, Dammmm nice. That's the way I remember it. I need to ride again. Frank:)

8. thanks Frank. i am planning a garage night to celebrate, i will keep you informed.

9. painted.......and once dry i couldn't resist moving them into "position". DSCF4027.JPG

10. Looking Good!:cool: Can't wait to Burn Rubber in it:eek:

volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. wet sanded and buffed and stowed away in the house for now. DSCF4028.JPG DSCF4029.JPG

12. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

13. I've heard of sleeping with the fishes:eek: but not sleeping with the fenders :cool:

14. how long before she notices?

15. Depends how tired she is:p

16. dad came up for the first time and held the hood parts for me while i buffed them, he loved the color
    ooooh she just found the parts i gotta go

BradinNC, Mikel50 and loudbang like this.
  17. had a little time yesterday to start putting the car back together. i laid out a bunch of the parts and decided to put the steering box together. the box needs to go in before the motor.
    i installed the new worm bearings and races. then installed the new sector bushings, i decided to put a grease fitting in between the sector bushings if they leak the grease could hold it back.....maybe?
    since the steering shaft is smaller on the mercury series the upper shaft bushing was not available so i had to make one. one evening last week started with a hunk of plastic and turned it down on a buddy's lathe. i put a step in the top for the horn ring and bored a hole for the shaft. i cut down a copper washer to fit in the step, then drilled a hole for the wire through the washer and bushing i slipped a wire through and soldered it to the washer. should be better than the original. DSCF4036.JPG DSCF4037.JPG DSCF4038.JPG DSCF4039.JPG
    i put the box in the car and lined up the drag link with the "centered" steering box but the steering wheel, which mounts with a key way was not centered, so i marked the position of the sector took the box back out, took it apart and turned the worm till the key way was up and put it back together keeping the sector in place. now the wheel is straight.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. all good? i was happy with the way the box and column turned out, until i realized i had done this: dohhhh DSCF4040.JPG

19. today i put the seal and peal on the inside of the firewall and used the left over p.v.c panels over it to finish off the inside. after that was done i bolted the coil, fuel pump, fuel block, accelerator pedal to the firewall. it was real easy while the engine was out. DSCF4041.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. i then put the cowl vent together and installed it, this was a good time to do it because the dash was out. DSCF4042.JPG DSCF4043.JPG

21. DSCF4044.JPG i then put the dash and all the wiring back in. without the engine in,and the floorboards out, i could reach under to bolt the fuse panels to the firewall. i used all stainless steel hardware.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

You may be on to something here, Martha Stewart is only 45 minutes down the road. Bob

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. It was so quiet over the last few days I figured you were busy :)

24. Been a fan of the thread....... BUT- once you get your POP'S approval,it changes everything right? like your doing a good job? :) That you are! Continue on,and make POP,and Yourself proud!
    Very Nice!

TFoch likes this.
  25. i kinda like the look, adds a little style

other than turning that bushing i had no time last week......it was killing me......

26. Thanks, dad should be here this week, and then he goes to have his other shoulder done.

27. This is amazing! What a great car!

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC