Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '32 Roadsters new interior

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by KWV, Sep 19, 2014.

1. KWV

KWV
    from Arizona

Turned out very nice. Just picked it up from the shop last night. 16 days in shop, 1 man operation, the results look outstanding.
    roadster_upholstery.jpg roadsterinterior.jpg roadsterinterior1.jpg roadsterinterior2.jpg roadsterinterior4.jpg roadstertrunk3.jpg
    rocketracingshot.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    54reno and loudbang like this.
  2. Woooeeee!The whole car is sharp!Nicely done.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks too good to sit in. Nice job on the seats and panels. I prefer a 'Spartan" look, but appreciate what you had done. Great job!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. I like the diamond look,,it's different! HRP

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

billet cupholders?

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. @3wLarry check out that sweet tilt column too!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Looks good and fast work!

8. KWV

KWV
    from Arizona

Thanks for the compliments. I bought this car from another HAMB member at the LARS this summer. It had only the seat cover (different color and style), wood cutout door and kick panels and some pieces of weaved rug on the floor. The trunk was sprayed in bed liner black over the metal. It also had American Racing wheels 7" wide in front, 10" in back. I kept those on the side so I can change the look easy enough.

Since driving it home to AZ, I have put on the RR wheels w/ 10" piecrust rears and 5" fronts. Dialed in the Tri-Power setup and redid the entire interior as shown. I wanted to go for a somewhat retro 60's look, hence the diamond tuck, but I didn't want the entire car diamonded out, so this is what I came up with. The car was a bit to "modern" for what I was looking for initially. So making it look older was my plan. You can only go so far with a nice paint job. I would be just as happy with a worn out paint job with some patina. The color matches the wheels near perfect when you lay the material on the wheel and it's hard to see in the pics, but the stitching is all done in maroon.

I'm done.................for now. Oh, and 3wLarry, you can thank the previous owner for the cup holder. I sent him pics today and he was "impressed" that I kept it. :) It comes off in 15 seconds and it is super functional. But I'm sure now, with this interior, the drinks may have to wait.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  9. Todds34rod

Todds34rod

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Wow! Nice job. Those IDA's?

11. KWV

KWV
    from Arizona

Thanks. No, they are Rochester 2gc's.