Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford Roadster windshield placement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tequila Bob, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

My question is simple. Do the stanchions mount so the windshield bottom is in front of the "ridge" or on top of it?

Thanks

T Bob

V.Stella likes this.
  2. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

In Front! So it can swing out. N.N.

3. Front,,if not at speed it would flip back. HRP

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The theory is that the lower seal will keep the windshield from blowing back behind the ridge. I've seen some of the reproduction frames that have an awful lot of clearance between the ridge and the frame. Looking at mine and I have about 3/16ths clearance between the frame and the ridge and my rubber almost hides the ridge looking from the front.

5. And please lay the stanchions back a bit so they are not straight up and down. Deuces need some rearward lean in the windsield to look right.

Mick

6. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

Well, I did it. Scary shit, drilling holes.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I see it's a Rodwell/Wanlass windshield, hard not to lay those back. Looks great!

Mick

8. I would be more conserned about the giant gaps at each end as a result of the windshield being imo too far leaned back. I see this alot lately.

9. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

Yes, it is a Rodwell. I bought it here on The H.A.M.B. I talked to Dick Rodwell. When I tolf him I bought it used, he had nothing else to say. No help, nuthin'.

Thanks all for your help here on H.A.M.B.

T Bob

10. I built my ridge up about 1/2" then mounted the windshield on top of it. Looks perfect. Car is painted now and in the assembly process. Please excuse the spotted fever look. It was temporary ( for about 12 years). IMG_0126.JPG

11. IMG_1887.JPG Now it's painted and prepping it for the Rodwell top.

robracer1 and T-roaster like this.
  12. V.Stella

V.Stella
    from CT.

Nice ride!
    You will love your top!
    Vin

13. harpo1313 and T-roaster like this.

14. My windshield sits at the top of that wind-split. I had to finesse the shape a little bit for a good fit. One weekend of glassing, filling, sanding and more skimming and sanding made for a decent final look.
    Forces you to sit very low.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

neverdun likes this.
  15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I like that a lot, the white and black really brings that car togeather nicely.