Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Thanks for the info. It looks great from what I can see. I will save the info for future use.

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I turned Dennis on to the floor mat material as I had used it previously in a 32 roadster. I just got a 6 ft. piece for my 32 pickup from the above mentioned vendor. I think it's 48 inches wide.

Tim likes this.
  3. Well I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis and his lovely wife today. She said they don't have internet on the road so that's why no updates or pictures yet. She said the car ran great and it's been lots of fun. Dennis said they drove out to el mirage to have some fun. He did some doughnuts and ran the car up to 130 mph. So they are out loving his hotrod. Great time so far. Unfortunately one of the rolling bones guys car that he made the journey with caught fire in the swapmeet when he fired it up to leave Friday evening. I was right there and it happened so fast thank god a few guys ran up with bottles to put out the fire. Him and his passenger got out safe. Looks like maybe the fan belt broke and hit the glass bowl on the fuel pump. Did alittle paint damage and some wires and fuel line. It's all fixable. Hopefully Dennis can update us when he returns. I can't wait to see the pictures of the ride Dennis. I hope you like the door handle I got for you I will keep my eyes out for the other. Thanks again for you help on my car, and I hope you injoyed seeing it.

loudbang likes this.
  4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I will post pics as soon as he gets them to me.

5. OK everyone we are back home in Nebraska. TOTAL MILES 3332, what a cool number. I had to figure it twice to make sure it was correct. I had done it in my head and came up with 3337, but when I done in pen it was the 3332.
    I want to say the car that caught fire at the swapmeet was NOT A BONES CAR!!!!! it belonged to one of the guys from the PECKERHEADS that was parked next to us. Dam near lost the complete car if it had not been for some quick acting guys in the area with fire bottles. Paintslinger was correct as to the cause of the fire. The car had an elec fuel pump and it was still pumping gas to the motor fire so it was not good. Someone got the pump shut down and then with 5 or 6 fire bottles it was put out. Could have lost the whole car.
    Sorry about no photos as of yet, but having some dam problems due to changing my PC over to windows 10 and it will not let me post any photos for some reason. I will get it fixed as soon as I can and then we will have photos. Thanks for hanging in with us.
    It was a great adventure and we had a great time all but going through Needles Cal. it was 128 degrees......Hot as hell. My wife turned out to be one hell of a road warrior....we put in 14 hours on the road on Monday. We left Holbrook Az. at 5:00 AM thru New Mexico into Texas and stopped at Dalhart Texas for the night. I think we must have drank at least 5 gallons of water between the 2 of us.
    Let me tell ya how good that cold beer tasted when we got checked into the motel.
    Just wanted to say we got to meet paintslinger and check out his kick ass cool roadster he is building and it is going to be everything he says it will be. Very nice guy Bruce is, would have enjoyed spending more time with him.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Glad you had a safe trip! I'd love to hear more about it once you recover :)

greaser likes this.
  7. Thanks for the update Dennis and sorry I thought that car was part of the bones crew. I asked a couple of guys there where you were on Friday evening and they said you went to SoCal. Speed shop. And then not long after that, FIRE!!!!!!! I was shocked and I'm glad those guys ran up with fire bottles it was a sad site to see. I will post a few pictures here as I'm not even sure you got to see any. Hope you don't mind. I was right there and everyone was screaming shut it off so the car shut off but the fuel pump was still on. Sad to see that happen. There was the biggest cloud of black smoke. image.jpg I'm looking forward to your pictures. image.jpg

wedjim and loudbang like this.
  8. Bruce, Thanks for posting the photos on the peckerheads 216 car fire. I was not there when it happen, but the rest of the Bones were and filled me in on the fire and what went down. I had left for the So-Cal open house as a good friend from Min. gave me a VIP pass for inside parking to it so I had to go check it out. But I did get to check out the 216 car at our motel later that night as they were staying at the same place and had it on the trailer in the parking lot. It did not look good I might say. But I am sure it will be back next year looking as nice as ever.

loudbang likes this.
  9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Those are not the type of flames you want to see on the front end of a hot rod. Amazing car. Glad he was'nt book'n down the road when that happened.

10. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

RE: Post 785///. Holbrook to Tucumcari and NE to Dalhart and beyond is a good route! I usually drive it in the spring and fall so it is much cooler!
    I've followed this thread from the beginning and think your car is great. You and whoever else worked on your coupe have done a fantastic job! Keep those wheels turning!

11. Dave, I plane on keeping them rolling as I am headed out tomorrow for Speedway motors kick off party in Lincoln and then the Day in the hay Good Guys show. Then it is off to Des Moines Heartland Nats. the following weekend.

12. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

nice chatting with you yesterday at Good-Guys-Lincoln 2016-06-24 00.41.11.jpg

13. Same here Steve, and thanks for the great photo.....

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Some photos I found on my phone from the last time I saw ya

wedjim and 509garyd like this.
  15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Dennis, good to see you in Lincoln. Car looks great! Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat besides saying 'hi'. Will look for you at Des Moines this coming weekend and stop to have a cold beverage with ya.

16. Dennis, hope to see you in Des Moines this weekend. We met for dinner three years ago when Jamie and I were on our way to Northwest Deuce Days.
    Phil

Sent from my Nexus 7 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Phil, That would be cool to meet up with you..See ya in Iowa.
    Nick, I walked around looking for where you were parked, but never found you. We will have a cold one in Des Moines for sure.
    Tim, Thanks for the great photos. Hope to see ya soon...if not in Sept. in Platte City for sure.

18. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Managed to get some pics of the journey to LA show.... scenic route. IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0241.jpg IMG_0244.jpg IMG_0245.jpg

19. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

El mirage... and hotel parking lot L.A. IMG_20160616_140209.jpg IMG_20160616_183736.jpg

Stogy, Pufff, hotrodderhaag and 3 others like this.
  20. Roadsir

Roadsir

Awesome hot rod! and a road warrior too! That is great.

21. Hole lee shit Dennis those are the coolest hotrod pictures ever. I don't even know where that is but holy damn. I want to meet you guys next year out in your neck of the woods and roll all the way back with y'all.

22. Thanks, The road trip to LA had been on my bucket list for some years. Was great to fulfill it in the 3 window with my wife as co-pilot. She turned into a real road warrior on this trip as we put in a 14 hour day on the road and never complained one bit. We logged 3332 miles on this trip.
    Thanks to big deuce for posting the photos for me and Thanks to paintslinger805 for liking them.
    We are heading for Iowa in it tomorrow. Hope to see some of you guys there. I will be working the Deuce Doings parking on Sat. Stop by and say hi.

23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

You just never know who you will run into.... IMG_1592.JPG

Stogy, Pufff, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

On the road again..... IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1523.JPG IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1549 - Copy.JPG

Stogy, Pufff, hotrodderhaag and 3 others like this.
  25. That's great for those of y'all who know everybody, but some of us have no clue who you're talking about. Even with a picture. How about adding a name to the face?

Stogy likes this.
  26. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Ed Iskenderian.... the cam godfather. Isky_021AA.jpg

Stogy, Pufff, rpm56 and 2 others like this.
  27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Dennis, what's the deal with that 199c car? There is a "Hubba Hubba" amount of stuff going on with its body.

28. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

He will be in Iowa for Goodguys this weekend, so his follow up will be delayed.

29. This is such a great road trip thread!
    Thanks!

30. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It was nice when I pulled into All Faiths Wednesday night and saw your Duce parked there. Not the best place to run into some one and talk, but I always enjoy seeing you. Have a great time in Des Moines