Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 2015 price for original 32 grille shell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodmeister, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hotrodmeister

Hotrodmeister
    from Virginia

I am new here and have used the search function but have not been able to find any recent prices on an original 32 Ford grille shell and insert. What is a good price for an original and the insert in decent condition? I only ask because I do not want to get ripped off and overpay. Where is a good spot to look for these? I need one for my project and I do not want to buy reproduction. Thank you so much for your help i look forward to everyones input.

2. Squablow

Squablow

I was recently at an auction with a couple of '32 Ford cars and some parts selling, there was a very nice original '32 passenger car shell with insert and emblem, uncut, old weathered paint and some pits on the chrome pieces but for it's age it was great, it sold for $1800, and a friend of mine also sold one recently, about the same shape, also for $1800.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Checking eBay sold items just now, another very nice original went for $1775 and some rougher ones ranged from $300-$1200 depending on condition.

4. Finding a nice original Deuce shell and insert is not going to be cheap,they are after all 83 years old. HRP

As the late Deuce Roadster was fond of saying, "You can never pay too much for 32 Ford stuff ...
    you just buy too early" ...

Cause the price is always up to you ... ;)

[​IMG]

These were part of Deuce Roadsters stash.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

5. oj

oj

I recently aquired one myself and been watching ebay to see what they go for, I watched the grille of one similar to mine go for $580ish. I had no idea.

6. You neglected to fill out your profile,where are you from? HRP

1927graham likes this.
  7. Bought these a few years ago. Should have hung onto them longer. GRILLS 006.JPG

Attached Files:

8. Hotrodmeister

Hotrodmeister
    from Virginia

I am from Virginia, I have filled out my profile I apologize! Thank you for all of the help! D. Conrad do you have any that you want to get rid of?

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

You will find the shells sell for various prices depending on who is selling them. My friend has a collection of original shells (40) mounted on his ceiling. He never paid more than $1200 for any of them and as little as $300 for one at the LARS. Shop before you spend TOO Much money for a shell. The repro's are just fine and cost a whole lot less.

IMG_7506.jpg

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

holy fu*k!!

11. squirrel

squirrel

It's nice to see all that vintage tin out where everyone can enjoy it.

clem and falcongeorge like this.
  12. Sent you a conversation. HRP

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

hee,hee,hee...

14. alchemy

alchemy

I haven't seen a repro that fit perfectly yet. Some are close, and some are horrible. But none perfect.

If a guy wasn't scared of a little body work, a repro would be just fine. But if he needs to have a gennie, then deep pockets are required these days.

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I am going to stop putting money away in savings and buy 32 Ford grille shells. probably should have started in the 70's.

kiwijeff, pitman and falconsprint63 like this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  17. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Or the 30s.....

18. No, all gone.

19. 31Apickup

31Apickup

In 70's dollars, they we're cheap then either.

20. You got that right. HRP

21. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I have two 32 grilles. one is a 25 year old brookville shell with a henry insert, the other both are original pieces. I can tell you that both original inserts seem to fit exactly the same. I was very surprised when I popped the cherry insert I found into my also very nice original shell and found that fit wise they were the same.... from all the talk around here I was expecting some magical pixie dust sparkles would start swirling around when I got the two ford parts in close proximity and they would install themselves together as if by magic! in the end, they are all 80+ year old pieces made by different suppliers, so fitment can and does very.

22. A Boner

A Boner

Sorry 32 nuts, but I would rather find a nice 33-34 grill at a bargain price.

23. Heck,a real nice 33/34 grill shell will command a lot more than a nice Deuce grill! HRP

CWTC10 likes this.
  24. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

20150614_125450_resized_1.jpg My buddy Justin just found this original one at a California Swap meet for $10 because the guy thought is was model A, he paid it forward and gave it to me for '32 3W so now it wears an original that fits way better than the Vintique one I had.

kidcampbell71 and thommoina33 like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Can I get the phone number of that guy.;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I guess that is a result of all the Model A's using Deuce grilles. Personally I think that using a Deuce on an A is overdone. However, it sure paid off in this case!

clem likes this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

That beats my deal for an original insert when I swapped the floor mats out of my Dad's then new 1961 Ford. Bob

28. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I just sold one a couple months ago for $250.No grill but it still had a radiator. I took it out of my collection because a friend needed it for a 32 pickup. People that just hoard shit for decorations when some bro needs it for a car kinda piss me off. I didn't want to be one of those people.

29. Whoa....I think you need to have a word with that friend of yours. It's kinda like when I watch American Pickers, and there's a guy with something really cool, and he gets a decent offer but refuses to sell it, even though he will never do anything with it. Unless your friend has got 40 Deuce projects in the pipeline......for god sakes man let some of them go !

30. 10 bucks for a original Deuce shell,they cost more than that when they were new! HRP