Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1234

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Woogeroo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. giant nerd

giant nerd
    from spokane

As necessary as it gets. Thanks!

3. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

The Congress is already proposing legislation that will give a bad time to guys like Ryan that own a website! Anybody that owns a site should read this:

Google is wearing a black mask on their logo. Wikkipedia is totally blacked out today. Blogs are humming with outrage at Congress. Why? Because, once again the 545 idiots in DC are attempting to censor the public knowledge. It's like banning books, but this time it's the internet sites that supply you with the info. It is ironic that MOST of the morons in Congress are so flummoxed by computers that aides have to print out important articles for them to read. The sad thing is that they still think they know what they are talking about...

Here's the reason as stated by Wikipedia:

Why is the blackout happening?
    Wikipedians have chosen to black out the English Wikipedia for the first time ever, because we are concerned that SOPA and PIPA will severely inhibit people's access to online information. This is not a problem that will solely affect people in the United States: it will affect everyone around the world.
    Why? SOPA and PIPA are badly drafted legislation that won't be effective at their stated goal (to stop copyright infringement), and will cause serious damage to the free and open Internet. They put the burden on website owners to police user-contributed material and call for the unnecessary blocking of entire sites. Small sites won't have sufficient resources to defend themselves. Big media companies may seek to cut off funding sources for their foreign competitors, even if copyright isn't being infringed. Foreign sites will be blacklisted, which means they won't show up in major search engines. And, SOPA and PIPA build a framework for future restrictions and suppression.

Call your Congressman & demand they help keep the internet free & uncensored!!

Attached Files:

4. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

I've signed this thing 20x over.

for anyone that has been following my builds or videos i post, this bill could stop me from posting and sharing any of them

5. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

To add to what Safari-Wagon has already said. Here is the link to the online petition.

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Sorry in advance if this is in violation in some way. I just think it's important to let the government know that we don't want them to censor the internet.

Ant

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

^^^and they all stink

7. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

Thanks for posting this, I know political stuff is not allowed here but this is relavant to the discussion.

8. Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  9. A good time to bump this thread. Click on the above link to see the City, Country Ordinances run Amok topics.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Link no work...

R-

11. rjgideon

rjgideon

SOPA and PIPA were killed and not voted into law a couple years ago, Roger. I think we are ok for now until it rears its head again.

12. My link has been fixed.