Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 F-100 Shortbed Custom Cab Solid Driving Pickup

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by playingoldcars, Dec 19, 2014.

1. playingoldcars

playingoldcars

City: Oak Forest

State: Illinois
    Price: $5,800
    Running, driving, original 1964 F-100 Shortbed Custom Cab 6 cyl. 3 spd.

This truck will make a very nice desirable shop truck. It would also be a candidate for a complete restoration. I brought it up from Arkansas recently to sell. If I can't sell it quickly, I'll get out the sandpaper and satin turquoise and white and see where it takes me.

The truck has really nice patina as you can see but is as solid as any I have ever seen. All the badges and trim are in place and in decent shape.
    The truck has real white wall tires (polyester) . The floors are real solid but could use a few patches on the driver's side.

The cab corners are starting to wear pretty thin but can be fixed pretty easy. The cab steps and rockers are very solid. The cab, bed and tailgate are very straight and solid. The undercarriage is clean and solid.

I have only driven the truck around the parking lot where it is stored. Even in the winter cold of Chicago, the truck has started easily by simply pulling the factory choke knob on the dash, and turning the key.

The 6 cylinder runs strong and sounds real good. The trans shifts good and all gears feel fine. The wear in the shift linkage makes getting into 2nd gear a little tricky but it goes.
    The front end is sloppy but it still works. The brakes are newer but will need adjusting. Heat and defrost work in addition to the wipers, gas gauge, and temperature gauge. The brake lights work but right now no turn signals or taillights function, probably just bulbs and/or flasher.

The windshield has some BB nicks and slight delamination but is not too bad. The dash is beautiful and not altered in any way. It is missing the headliner but all the trim is there. It will probably be at least a month before I will be able to do any of the work I mention so that is why it is for sale for now.

I might be interested in trades for '50s or '60s cars & trucks of equal value or
    trade down w/cash to me.

Has a clear Arkansas title.
    $5,800 firm but if I start to paint the truck it won't be for sale until it is finished and I will definitely ask a higher price.

See the truck in the video:
    http://youtu.be/l7bNg4E5n1U

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. playingoldcars

playingoldcars

3. playingoldcars

playingoldcars

BTTT Don't forget trades !

4. playingoldcars

playingoldcars

5. playingoldcars