Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1959 Chevrolet Nomad Wagon

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Fan Attic, Sep 7, 2015.

1. City: Boise

State: Idaho
    Price: Sold
    Restored, numbers correct '59 Nomad for sale. I believe we are the second owner of this car and have enjoyed it for the past 7 years after an owner managed frame on restoration of an original ~88,000 mile dry southern Idaho survivor. Minor rocker panel rust was professionally replaced and the body received a fresh professionally sprayed coat of Snow Cap White over Roman Red color matched to the original paint under the trim. The firewall retains the original paint. The Aluminum trim was restored by Dave's Polishing here in Idaho, with owner restored stainless steel parts. Bumpers and other parts were chromed locally. The original 283 cu.in engine was fully rebuilt, bored +0.030" and -0.010"/0.010" on the crankshaft. It is the 2bbl, 3 speed on the column with BW overdrive and original positraction rearend which were all freshened during restoration and work as new. Original power assist steering, power brakes, power front seat and rear window all work great. The windshield, quarter glass and rear window are original. New matching door glass was installed to eliminate delaminating pieces. Original door seals were reused as all but the drivers door were in very nice condition, with the drivers showing some wear. New "Soffseal" door rubber is included with the car. Interior is Ciadella's OEM style top to bottom in the original colors, professionally installed over rust free floors and re-padded seats. The padded dash was not available at the time of restoration so the dash is painted. The only things I know of that don't work are the radio and clock. A contemporary AM/FM/CD is discretely mounted below the dash using existing screw holes. Speakers were upgraded to dual cone 6"x 9" front and rear. NADA books this car in #1 condition at ~$44,000. We will consider reasonable offers, and the owner may consider delivery in the PNW for cost. Nomad LF 1.jpg Nomad RR 2.jpg 20150907_075352.jpg Nomad Frnt 1.jpg Nomad Interior 1.jpg Nomad Interior 3.jpg Nomad Tail 1.jpg Nomad Engine 1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. One last shot before listing elsewhere. I'm curious what 1959 aficionados thing this should be worth?

3. Well, all the pre-sale advice I got was a little optimistic so I've dropped the price 25% and will still consider reasonable offers. Still no evidence there is another one out there like this one. I'd enjoy hearing about it if there is.