Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1955 Dodge Farm Truck Hotrod

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Chad T, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Chad T

Chad T

City: Minneapolis

State: Minnesota
    Price: 11,900
    I don't want to do it, but I am putting my 1955 Dodge Farm Truck Hotrod up for sale. And this ad got long winded...... haha

Basic Facts:
    1955 Dodge C3-B
    383 Stroker Small Block Chevy
    TH350 Transmission
    Late 90's Chevy S-10 Frame and 8.5" Rear End.
    Clear Minnesota Title

Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Asking 11,900 or best offer. I am also open to trades (see bottom of ad).

Details:
    This truck is complete and ready to drive. My friends and I built it from the ground up so I can tell you about every part, and weld.

The frame and V8 swap was originally done 3 years ago. During that original build, I completely replaced the brakes on the S-10 frame. Pads, rotors, shoes, drums, and lines. The engine was a tired small block 400 from French Lake Auto Parts. And the TH350 trans was a good used unit from a good friend of mine.

Once I got it on the road, I spent the next summer chasing the bugs out of it. New alternator, new distributor, and new Edelbrock carburetor, just to name a few of the things I put into it.

Then this spring I finally put some real money into it to "finish" it. I went through the steering parts, put in two tie rod ends, and an idler arm. Got it aligned. And then the big money item, I had Mora Motorworks in Mora, Minnesota, build a motor for me.

The 383 stroker is fresh, just got it done. It has about 3000 miles on it. It has a Weiland vintage single plane intake manifold on it, with a brand new Edelbrock carburetor. Literally, just purchased it. It has a billet HEI distributor. I also mounted up a Dillon Aluminum radiator. On the radiator is an electric pusher fan, and a trans cooler.

Wheels are Pete Paulsen Smoothies. 15x8 in the front, 15x10 in the back. Fronts are 4.5" backspacing I think, rears are only 2" backspacing. Super deep. They are paints with House of Kolors paint.

So the frame and V8 swap was originally done 3 years ago, and I have put about 10,000 miles on it since that build 3 years ago. But the engine is only months old with 3000 miles on it tops.

This thing runs awesome, and drives great. Goes down the road straight as an arrow. I even drive it to the office whenever I can. I really enjoy the hell out of this thing. I am only selling it because I need a classic car that has more room in it. It is hard to go on trips to car shows with my girlfriend, and my daughter, and our stuff, in a pickup.

Oh, speaking of my daughter. I have welded in loops so you can use a child seat in this thing. HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?

Here are some photos.

[​IMG]Dodge-1 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

[​IMG]assembled-3_111610479 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

[​IMG]20150308_164848 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

As for the condition of the old body. It is in fair shape. There is some rust, but most of it is surface rust. Starting from the front..... The nose has some small dents and dings, and some rust. The worst of it are small holes at the seam where the nose meets the fenders. The fenders are ok at best. Paint is gone from the tops, and they are pretty scratched up. There are some rust holes at the bottoms of the front fenders by the cab.

The cab is in ok shape for the most part. The top was scratched by a tree for 30+ years, and the floor is pretty bad and rusty. But it is there enough that I didn't bother replacing it. The doors are in decent shape, and work well. They don't lock though. The wipers don't work, I rely on Rain-X.

The bed is mediocre. The floor is not flat anymore. I welded in a new stepped floor to go with the frame. The sides and fenders are ok, just surface rust. The tailgate was seized at the hinge, so I welded it to the new higher floor. The floor is fully welded 1x1 square tubing with 16 ga metal over it, so you can still haul with it.

Again, I'm looking for $11,900 or best offer.

I am also looking to get into a classic family cruiser, so I am open to the right trade.

The best way to reach me is e-mail. ctruss53 at gmail

I can answer any questions you have, or send some more pics over if you want them.

exterminator likes this.
  2. Chad T

Chad T

Monday bump with some more photos.

383 Stroker. Fresh build. Only about 3000 miles on it, tops. The Edelbrock carburetor on it is brand new.
    [​IMG]20150801_201335 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

Brand new aluminum radiator from Dillon Radiator. Grain Belt Nordeast overflow tank. And transmission cooler mounted to it. There is an electric pusher fan on the front side.
    [​IMG]20150801_201357 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

Here is a shot of the passenger side of the engine bay. New alternator, and newish battery.
    [​IMG]20150801_201406 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

Interior shot. Here you can see I left the dash original. And you can see the trans tunnel that was made to accommodate the TH350 trans. The worst part of the rust is there on the passenger floorpan. I added square tubing underneith for cab mounts and sheetmetal to the floor so there was a complete floor. The rest of the cab is in pretty good shape.
    [​IMG]20150801_201507 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

And here is a shot of the original bench seat. The original truck only had about 36,000 miles on it. It sat in a field for 35+ years. So the seat is in great shape! There is a small tear or two, but overall it is in good shape.
    [​IMG]20150801_201513 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

The truck didn't have turn signals originally, so I added this vintage turn signal switch and wired in blinkers when I built it. Then here you can also see the tach I put on the steering column, and the new gauges in the dash.
    [​IMG]20150801_201533 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

A friend of mine did some three color pinstriping on the nose and over the headlights.
    [​IMG]20150801_201546 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

Another photo of the nose so you can see the condition and the pinstripes.
    [​IMG]20150801_201551 by Chad Truss, on Flickr

And one more photo of the whole truck.
    [​IMG]1955 Dodge by Chad Truss, on Flickr

If you are interested, or you have questions, please contact me.

Chad Truss
    ctruss53 at gmail dot com

3. Chad T

Chad T

Still for sale. Open to offers and trades.

For trades, I am looking for pre-64 sedans. 4 doors are fine.

4. Chad T

Chad T

TTT

I found some great cars I want to go look at. I want this truck gone so I can go buy one of them. I'll take $10,000.