Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures 1955: Build A Car in 4 Hours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 23, 2009.

1. G. Hacker

G. Hacker

Hi gang..

For you 1950's fiberglass hot rods/sports car/kit car guys...here's a link to a website that my good friend Jon Greuel, myself, and a cast of many enthusiasts put together concerning these cars and their history:

http://fiberglasssportscars.com/

Hope you enjoy..

Geoff

2. You sure that wasn't the pilot for OVERHAULIN' Logo.gif or Monster Garage Logo.gif ? :rolleyes: :D

3. sloorider

sloorider

Great old TV shows, Ryan was not even a lucky sperm then...
    Soupy Sales died today...remember him!...

4. Thanks for that, I thought it was in a magazine but perhaps I saw on TV. It was clearly a time of 'we can do anything'.
    Allen

5. Yeah everything just flew apart, new enough that stuff wasn't rust welded together. Not an air tool in sight. The seat was upholstered and ready like everything was staged to go in. I need that crew at my place for about a solid week.Coolvid with that 50's feel.

6. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Thats a pretty cool.

We are currently doing a restoration on a 52 Glassbar/Mameco Ardun with race history. It really is a cool car. Has the same late 40's frame and suspension but with an Ardun converted flathead.

The quality is actually not that bad. I was impressed.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. that's what i thought, she must have been a little rough to the touch. White paint on the old film worked well as a cover up.

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

That's insane... Cool video!

9. choppd27'Munster

choppd27'Munster

Now thats some good footage!

10. Great video, lots of laughs... That mut have been some fast drying paint, guy is still painting the back while the other guys are installing and cleaning the headlights... Love it!!!

11. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Looks like it had a Columbia rear end, too.

12. roddinron

roddinron

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I guess the master cylinder and brake lines are already in the chassis. didn't see them bleed any brakes... or run any fuel lines.

14. jim galli

jim galli

When I was a senior at Canyon High School out in Saugus, CA in 1970 somebody donated one of those things to the high school auto shop program. I recall it having a 1941 flatty so maybe.......

The shop teacher was real protective of it and wouldn't let us kids mess with it much. In 1970 a '41 sedan wouldn't have gotten any more respect than that one got. We thought '36's and '40's were worthwhile though. Coupes! A football jock had a '40 sedan and we wouldn't even give it a second look. And '32-'34 were already high dollar to us kids.

The big time lapse camera was a Mitchell. Fun stuff.

15. gotra66

gotra66

That video was cool. As noted above, it was nice that they had everything prepped before hand. Prolly would have taken twice as long if they would have had to run all the wires and hardlines.

16. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

God A-mighty!! that brought back memories! i had a old cherry picker made out of some kind of WWII bombhoist material/parts! thing was WAY over-built and worked great, but was a cumbersome bastard. gave it to a friend when i moved. he still has it. wonder how many motors it's changed over the years. super-cool video. i love this stuff. shows that whole 50s "we can do it" vibe!