Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Ford Mainline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1935 Ford, Feb 26, 2011.

1. 1935 Ford

1935 Ford

Well, After parting out the '35 Ford, I picked up this little '52 Mainline. It has the original V8 flathead and 3 speed. Needs some minor work on the brakes and steering, but nothing too major.

I added a link to youtube on the car to hear it run (Hope that's ok, if not please delete). I'd like to add shorter springs (1990 Astrovan!), and keep it pretty much stock for now.

Looks like I need to join another club here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9IG1khN8o

Richard

Attached Files:

2. choptvan

choptvan

you did not by that from a gentleman named Drew did you? Good lookin car. I love those body styles but I am a bit partial...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks nice.. I really like 52-54 Fords.........

4. Squablow

Squablow

Aerostar coils, not Astro van. Looks like a clean car with nice chrome. These can convert into a 2 door post if you're so inclined. I have a '52 and a '53 myself.

What was the '35 and why did you have to part it out? Just curious.

5. 1935 Ford

1935 Ford

The seller was Carl.... Nice correction on the coils, Squablow! The '35 was bought sight unseen and ended up being too rusty for my tastes. Lots of good parts, though.

Wondering about colors and my daughter loves Robins Egg Blue with white top, but unsure what the factory colors were in this time period. I'll do a search as I'm guessing this has been posted.

6. demmals7ytriht

demmals7ytriht
    from Speer lane

I've got a real softspot for a 52 mainline, I traded a 60 chevy for one in the 70,s. I was a great car, 6 cyl. 3 speed with overdrive. I'll never forget when I drove it to my brother in laws, I parked it on a incline that had a creek at the bottom. After a few beers I was ready to leave and found my car was missing. I had left it in overdrive and it had rolled down in the creek, (these free wheeled in o.d.). sorry about the ramble, good looking car I hope you have as many good times with yours that I did with mine...........

7. Nice clean looking ride...been keeping an eye open for a '53 myself.

8. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Well actually, Ford did have a turquoise color that year. Dont remember the name though.

Cody

9. Farrah Lane

Farrah Lane

It's in REALLY nice shape! What else do you have planned for it?

his was a 53 customline, NOT a 52 mainline
    The differences between the two are few, yes, HOWEVER,
    for someone who knows SO much about those cars and who physically saw his car in person on numerous occasions, SHOULD know the difference. Especially if you're going to go out of your way to talk crap on a public forum... just sayin'.

10. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  11. 1935 Ford

1935 Ford

Well, I took the car up to Loveland, CO to Custom Auto and had an inspection (Fantastic folks and top notch work going on there). Basically, the brakes need to be gone through and steering tightened up. I'm going to add a really cool NOS blinker kit (I'll post pics) and do some repairs to the floor as well.

I'll plan to add the side chrome to the lower rear quarters, add fender skirts, and lower it all around by about 3 inches. I want to clean up the engine compartment as well. The engine is red (barely!) and I'll probably go back the same. One thing I've thought about is to add headers and new dual exhaust with either Smithy's or Porters. The single exhaust with a glasspack actually sounds pretty cool but I know it can really open up with duals.

I plan to keep it pretty simple. My daughter (17) will drive this car! We are practicing the "three on the tree" this weekend! How's that for crazy!

12. Farrah Lane

Farrah Lane

I LOVE 3 on the tree! I'm keeping my 53 3 on the tree too. Your daughter's REALLY lucky to get to drive it!!! Sounds like you have some cool plans for it! Can't wait to see the progress!!

13. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

Awesome car!!!! and super clean looking!!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  14. big_block

big_block

Hey guys.. I'm the new owner of that good looking 52 at the beginning of the thread. Any ideas where I can find the chome moldings that go around the car under the windshield and back glass?

15. Farrah Lane

Farrah Lane

@big_block Hey! Congrats on getting the 52!! However, we don't have any info on the 52. Sorry can't be of more help.

16. big_block, you can try the guys in the 52-59 Ford social group. I'm sure someone is parting out a car or just has some extra pieces lying around.

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

52-54 Fords are great cars, and your looks to be in very good condition.