Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1947 Ford Tudor - Rust Free (literally) Restoration Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Thor1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: New Richmond

State: Wisconsin
    Price: $6,500
    This car has been SOLD! Thank you Blaine!

In the short term my wife and I are having to deal some health and other life issues which have led me to decide that I need to let my project go for now.

What I have here is a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Tudor Sedan. This car was an abandoned restoration project that I picked up a couple years ago. This car is literally rust free - that is what made me decide to buy it. I don't believe you can find a cleaner, more solid car in the United States. There is a dent in the rear passenger side fender inline with the tip of the bumper - it was there when I bought the car.

The car had been disassembled and painted, including restoring the dash and painting the garnish moldings and such on the interior. The previous owner started to reassemble it but stopped and that is where the car is at right now. Occasionally, I will take the car for a spin around the block but most of the time it sits.

It has the stock drive train with a good running flathead and 3 speed on the column. The brakes are excellent and the car has tube shocks all around. According to the odometer the car has 40,340 miles on it. Based on the overall condition of the car, I have no reason to believe that this is not actual. I do not believe the engine has been rebuilt. NOTE: On 5/1/17 I purchased a new battery for the car.

As mentioned the car has been partially re-assembled and I have all of the parts that are not currently on it. These parts include original, N.O.S, and reproductions. This would include, but is not limited to the running boards, side windows and regulators, freshly painted garnish moldings, stock radio, heater, hub caps, gaskets, seals, knobs, window fuzzies, etc., etc. The chrome grille shown in the photos was a cheap repop that I got rid of. I bought a decent original grille with straight stainless from another Hamber and that grille will go with the car. One negative is that all of the stainless side moldings are missing. The previous owner said they got lost in a move. NOTE: I recently picked up the stainless hood, door, and quarter body moldings and the lower front fender moldings for the car. At this point the only trim that will be missing are the fender moldings and the two short cowl moldings.

The gauges all work and look as if they have been restored as well. The front seat is original and will obviously need to be re-covered. The rear seat springs are really clean and have been repainted and would be ready to be reupholstered. I have the door panels and headliner but they are toast and would only be good for patterns.

The American Racing five spokes on the front of the car are not included. I have a set of late forties 15x5 Kelsey Hayes Ford/Mercury wheels that will go with the car. The tires on these steel wheels are rollers. The wheels have been shot blasted and primed with etching primer.

I have lowered the asking price to $6,500 for the car. For as solid as the car is I think that is a more than fair price. However, I recognize that others may not agree so I will still consider reasonable offers.

If there is something that you want pictures of let me know and I will work to get them to you.

I have the clean, clear title for the car in-hand and it is ready to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Woody's Hot Rods and Chucky like this.
  2. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top.

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please read the ad guys. It says I will consider reasonable offers. Think about it and send me a PM.

4. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys,

I've dropped the price. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Thor

5. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did say in my ad that I would consider reasonable offers...

I am going to be picking up the stainless hood, door, and quarter body moldings and the lower front fender moldings for the car. At this point the only trim that will be missing are the fender moldings and the two short cowl moldings.

Thanks,

Thor

6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I picked up the body side moldings that I talked about in the post above and last night (5/1/17) I purchased a new battery for the car.

Check out the pictures and let me know if you want to see photos of anything else.

Thanks for looking at my ad.

7. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the clean, clear title in-hand and it is ready to go.

8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top.

9. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seeing as how Ryan said '46 to '48 coupes were turds and the sedans were the way to go (read his blog post here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=34549) my car ought to be increasing in value...right?!

Come on folks, let's make a deal. I've lowered the price to $6,750

Anyhoo...back to the top.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  10. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

11. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay Boys...and girls,

I've lowered the price again. I need to sell this so take a look.

As Ed Bartles used to say - Thanks for your support.

12. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This Car has been SOLD! Thank you Blaine!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017