Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 Cobbled Roadster Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by glorydime, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Grumpy ole A

Grumpy ole A

The little terminal panel doesn’t have fuses. Do you have a fuse panel somewhere? My little hot rod, my aviator, doesn’t have a fuse panel either. I bought a 12 circuit wiring harness and am going to install it. I love seeing your build. Keep up the with pictures.

glorydime likes this.
  2. glorydime

glorydime
    from Austin, TX

No fuses. If you look up preservation hotrods you’ll see the panels they all build are this way. Mark Ford kills it in the electrical set ups. Jeff Peterson the owner is a baddass and is killing the game.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I totally agree. The Ford body quarter panels are bent around the subrails on the bottom, this gives you a base to fit the doors. You will have to cut off the back since you Z'd the frame rails and deal with that correction/modification. Build a work table with two sheets of MDF to assemble the body on.

warbird1 and glorydime like this.
  4. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

I'm enjoying following your build. Good to hear you have it worked out. I see so many people complaining about how tight a Model A can be for someone who is on the taller side.

I'm 6'2 and totally comfortable in my Roadster. I have no seat riser and am using a 28 coupe seat tucked under the rear tub a little. These Model A Roadsters can be made tall people friendly with a little work. The only real annoyance I have left is my knuckle to windshield clearance at the top of the wheel.

IMG_2647.jpg

brEad, glorydime and GordonC like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a column drop that solves that problem , it needs the longer bolts too. For some reason I can't turn this right side up . Listed in the Bert's catalog. Bob DSCF1417.JPG

glorydime and Zax like this.
  6. glorydime

glorydime
    from Austin, TX

You can’t see it in mine but I dropped my column just a little for me to allow for the wheel to not pinch. I also had to straighten up my windshield a little too. It looks cooler laid back but pinching fing hurts.

brEad likes this.
  7. glorydime

glorydime
    from Austin, TX

Luckily got this sorted. Thanks for the reply and idea I’ll make sure to do it next time.

brEad and The37Kid like this.