Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1929 RPU windshield

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lotustevel, Jul 9, 2014.

1. lotustevel

lotustevel

Can any one tell me what the part is on 1929 ford rpu that sets on top of cowl under wind shield not the dash top which is on the inside but the part on the outside that fills the space between window frame and cowl top ??

2. Interior.jpg

I don't know that it has been called anything but a dash top. It's the same on the RPU, Roadster, and Touring. The part the windshield bottom seal rest on and the inside dash top are one piece.

lotustevel likes this.
  3. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The rubber weatherstrip ?

4. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

5. lotustevel

lotustevel

6. lotustevel

lotustevel

7. lotustevel

lotustevel

GOOD DAY ! I have been trying to reply for an hour but sight would not let me type in the open page Dean very nice dash! I have found the part at brookville roadster it goes between the windshield posts and is riveted to the post on each side/end and bolts to the tank top the inside dash top is then bolted to the windshield post cross support. Since it is rivited to the post's it look's like the dash top and this part are one. THANK YOU! Steve

8. lotustevel

lotustevel

GOOD DAY TO ALL! I appreciate the help and love the yellow 29 dash photo. The metal part I have been looking for is the windshield post cross brace bolt's to gas tank and is rivited to the upright's making it all look like one part. if you would like to see picture of one there are two on ebay one new and one removed from one that could not be saved. I did not know this part existed untill trying to put dash top on and found that I needed the post brace. HAVE A GREAT DAY Steve

9. That piece is part of the body structure. Maybe Brookville could supply it as they make complete '29 bodies.

The dash in my "other" RPU, 52 years ago.

[​IMG]