Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 19 Ga draw quality group buy- interested?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Any interest in the Cleveland Akron area?

Found a source that's cheaper with each sheet. I guess There's a $50.00 skidding fee and 12.00 shuttle fee and that's a set fee for 1 sheet or 100.

48 x 96 19ga draw quality

1st sheet is 119.00 each
    ( too rich for my blood)

But if together we buy 5 or more it breaks it down considerably.

5 sheets are 58.21 each
    (More than I need)

10 sheets 51.66
    At that price I might take 2 :)

The price keeps dropping but those are the biggest price breaks until massive quantities are being purchased.

So if you'd like in, make a post here

2. crap I wish you were closer to AL, very good price

3. This stuff is impossible to get in this area.

4. Wow that is a great price for pretty small quantities. I would be all over that if I was closer. I can't get a half sheet of regular cold rolled 18 gauge for that little around here ad DQ is impossible to get around here as well.

5. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

I would like to buy ten or twenty sheets and have shipped to the Dallas area. Would toatal all including shipping and keep five for myself. Any interested in the remaining sheets? I would guess shipping will probably be in the $200-$300 range which would add twenty or thirty bucks a sheet. I pay about $70 a sheet for 18g cold roll locally so the 19g is within range and is exactly the original thickness.

6. Tulsa Ok would be there closest center.
    But idk prices to there.

7. Don't make me get 10 sheets for myself. do you know how many cars I'd have to build ?
    I don't have room for that many cars.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's a hell of a price drop going from 1 sheet to just 5 sheets=about 50%.

If you can't get local interest, buy 5 for yourself ($290), and know you'll have it on hand. It would cost you almost that ($238) for just 2 separate single sheet purchases over time.

9. I know right.
    I've been looking for this stuff for YEARS in my area and was beginning to think it's about the same as finding big foot. I was happy to actually talk with folks that new what I was talking about let alone actually have it. The price break comes from some intercompany GPM minimums that I don't understand, skid and transport charges. If it's only 1 sheet, all that burden is on that one sheet, or split across the quantity. 5 is more than I need but I did do the same math you did. I figured I'd throw this out there because we could all use a break right?

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Wish I were closer, that's a fantastic deal on a great grade of steel!

11. They have a outlet in York pa, is that far from you ? Maybe you could get your own deal there?

12. greybeard360

greybeard360

I just called my supplier in Arlington, Tx. . I can buy 4X10 sheets of 19ga from them at $65.00 per sheet or $58.00 per sheet buying 7. They deliver to my shop for no charge also. If I can get in touch with their outside salesman (he is a customer of mine also) I may be able to trim more off of that :)

13. You are very lucky to get there with 1 call. I've made close to 100 over the past few years. Also had a great deal of help and effort from another hamber to help me.
    Seems that where NASCAR builders call home is a greater availability.

14. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hmmmm, couple hours away, not bad!
    So who is it?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  15. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Who do you use in Arlington? I use Trident in Richardson for aluminum/stainless/hot and cold roll/diamond plate, etc. Very large operation but no luck on 19g or at least not with the sales person I asked.

16. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I had this sales girl tell me -the more I ordered the cheaper it would be. I asked her "how many would I have to order to get them for free?" She came back with "that will be a such a huge quanity that I think the price would be more that you are willing to pay"

17. Probably will order Monday,
    Smoke 'em of you got 'en