Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your 62-66 Chevrolet TRUCK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Feb 27, 2006.

1. The_Monster

The_Monster

Lets see 'em!

Question: Is the only main difference between the 62 & 63 versus 64 thru 66 that the A pillers slant back instead of forward?

Last question: Did any 62 to 66 come with a large rear window?

Thanks, cant wait to see your truck!

2. 60-63 Knee Knocker cab
    60-62 Torsion bars up front
    All years could be had with a big window custom cab

63-66 are easyest to convert to disk
    Knee knocker windshields cost 400, 64-66 cost 100.
    60-61 had jet intake hoods.

I have a 1964 sky blue/white short/fleet that my grandfather bought new.
    been bone stock for 40 years, but that shit just came to an end.

Sorry, It would take a serious wide angle lens because its in a millon pieces.

3. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

My '64 I got off of Tony Bones at the beginning of the year.....

[​IMG]

4. dixiedog

dixiedog

Hey whats wrong with 61's? Just kidding:D

Here is my 61 with a 62+ hood, the 62+ hood was a dealer replacement for 60-61 replacements.

Knee Knocker - I am going to have to use that one.

When I bought mine I didnt know any better just had to have one, I did the disc conversion 2" drop spindles and 5 lug conversion (plugged&re-drilled the rear axle flanges).

If I had it to do again I would have gotten a slant windshield and done the 73-80 1/2 ton front suspension swap.

Attached Files:

5. Why can't you bolt a 70's crossmember to a 60-63 frame?

6. dixiedog

dixiedog

Yep, you sure can, just have to drill 2 holes for the idler arm position. I got a ton of information from chevytalk.org. The bolts for the crossmember bolts in with the same holes.

I bought the McGaughey kit and had to replace there calipers with 70-71 calipers due to the issue that some GM metric calipers are "non-uptake" or the piston doesnt go back up in the caliper like it should. Once I swapped the calipers to 70-71 1/2t and the same with the booster/proportioning valve the truck actually stops.

7. Jeeter

Jeeter

That's a clean looking truck. 62-66 Truck on Air will be my next project.

8. Squablow

Squablow

Here's mine, 250 I-6 3 speed, it also has the 5 lug wheels and disk brake setup on it, works nice. For sale cheap if anyone needs a daily driver. I've got the quarter panel skins cut off of a pickup box to use for repairing the rear quarters but I never got to it. I've had a few of these, I wish I could keep them all.

Attached Files:

9. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

"Show us your 62-66"! I was just gonna ask the same question. Guys have any ideas where to get the drop spindles? Beside LMC, and Chevyduty? How bout some more pics Knuckle.

10. [​IMG]
    Mine I sold last year. Heard it's in Canada now...:confused:
    F-body sub, BBC/auto, real (old)Torque-Thrusts, 61 hood. Eleven hundred louvers too :D

Jibs likes this.
  11. Low 66

Low 66

Here is my 66 in pieces, 73+ front clip, 1.5" sectioned crossmeber, 2" Z'ed frame, 3" drop spindles, bags all around, 8" notch in the rear and a watts-link

Attached Files:

12. sir

sir

.66 fleet,lwb,350/350,disc,4/4-drop.....

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

My 64 I sold a in 2004. Nice trucks guys. Bill
    [​IMG]

14. FONZI

FONZI

I am going to be selling a 65 short bed big window soon for a friend! PM me if you think you may be interested.

FONZI

15. dixiedog

dixiedog

I got mine from McGaughy out of California (up state I believe) they had the best deal out of the others.

Thanks Jeeter -

I am thinking of selling mine since I need the room and dont have time to finish the wiring and a few other things it needs.

16. thekid54

thekid54

Here's my '62. I'm going to cut the bed down, make it a SWB, and put it on a '63 SWB frame that I'm working on. I've all ready put in a '73+ front end on it, and it will be bagged all around with a 8" step notch in the rear.

Attached Files:

17. skumbag

skumbag

hey knuckle, thats bad ass! any more pics?

18. Cousin-in-law in MN, has a '66, I covered up the big B-word wheels with the purty BBC.

Attached Files:

19. alot of the places around here get their kits from cpp (i got my master for the '36 from them).

www.classicperform.com

Attached Files:

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

BITCH'EN Knuckle.....yea...more pics:eek: :eek: :) :) :)

21. arkracing

arkracing

Early Classic Enterprises. Expensive.....but awesome service and quality.

you can also check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com for more pictures and info on these trucks....just head into thier forum section

22. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

Here You Go 64 with big back window

Attached Files:

23. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I just bought a '62 Suburban--what are you guys doing for trans cross members with a later transmission?
    After driving the truck, the torsion bar front suspension is a fantastic ride--really, really great--so I can't see yanking it out. But the trans has gotta go. Does anyone know of a bolt-in cross member, or am I making my own?

-Brad

24. Mootz

Mootz

25. deedster

deedster

Wow....I'm impressed with the pics. and how cool these trucks look..Back in the early 80's I had a 60 GMC panel, short wheel base 350/350 combo,lowered wearing red oxide primer...Anyway theres one thing that really bugs me about these trucks..It's the front wheel well opening being out of proportion compared to the back.To me it's to large of a opening..I like to see them sittin low but love to see the front wheels tucked up in the fender..With the opening the way it is in the front it just don't have the look that I really like..I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but I'd like to see someone fab a panel to have that look and match the rear wheel well opening..Maybe it's been done but I have not seen it done so far..That's my 2cents......

26. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

My buddy is working on his. (62 SWB)How hard is it to drop an S 10 frame on it? We have talked about that?

27. Wild_47

Wild_47

Here is Badpanl's 65. R.I.P. It got burned to the ground but he recently purchased another and is getting ready to start over.

Attached Files:

28. Man I love these things on Torque Thrust! :hellyeah:

29. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

That is the only picture I have right now, these are from when Tony Bones had it ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. This 64 is my friend Roger Wards truck.
    It has had the frame stepped both ends/no bags.

Attached Files: