Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you use? To get white interiors clean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedolds, Feb 15, 2006.

1. flamedolds

flamedolds

I am getting into the mode of getting the car ready to go for spring and my interior needs a REAL good cleaning. I am a mechanic and like to take the car to work and sometimes I end up with dirty clothes on the seat and the like (I know I know this year I'll use a blanket) In the past I've tried a bunch of different cleaning products whether they be from the auto parts store, some of the "recommended OEM" poop that we sell at the dealer and some of the "professional cleaning products" that our detailers use and none of em really seem to to all that great. Any tips from everyone out there with white interiors?
    Oh yea its vinyl not leather.

2. Flatman

Flatman

Try Castrol Super Clean if you can find it. It takes off most stuff and is safe on vinyl, plastic, painted surfaces. You might have to send to the states for it.

Flatman

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

the one and only SIMPLE GREEN!!!!! trust me on this one. I have been a mechanic for 17 years. I have gotten grease on every imaginable (and unmentionable)surface. simple green kicks ass. (and the smell goes away in about a day.)

4. brandon

brandon

dow bathroom ....foaming bubbles brandon

5. steevil

steevil

I use Knights Spray 9.

Available at parts source and Canadian tire.

For really stubborn stains, use a toothbrush and some non-pumice hand cleaner (citri-shine, Fast Orange) to get the dirt out of the grain of the vynyl.

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

here is a link to a post about this a while back also :p
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87372

7. rodknocker

rodknocker

the absolute best thing is castle window cleaner,try it

8. Greasy1

Greasy1

wesleys bleach white found in any auto parts store or have wifey pic kit up in walmart...been using it for years....

9. Missing Link

Missing Link

Whestley's Bleech White. The stuff rules. By far the best I have ever used on a white interior. It works fantastic on white walls also.

10. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

white cream lanolin handcleaner (GO-JO, M-30, etc.) many detergents will rot the threads and make your seats come apart or remove the oils from the vinyl that keep it pliable and it will get hard and crack.

11. nsidemn

nsidemn

I like Lysol Basin Tub & Tile cleaner. It is similar to scrubbing bubbles but works better and smells clean! I use it a lot on new interiors and on used cars to prep for resale. The new soft touch leather look-alike vinyls are real pron to holding dirt a lot more than the old "slick" vinyls. For real stuborn stains a stiff bristled scrub brush works wonders.

12. extremist

extremist

SIMPLE GREEN RULES!!! And it's non-toxic.
    Best thing I've ever used to clean grease, brake dust, etc. off wheels and tires too. I use it on my Harleys' engines. It's what I used on my white interior to get it clean.

Westley's was the professional secret of a body-shop detailer I know for white ANYTHING, paint, vinyl roofs, etc.. I've heard that it's a bit tough on the materials though.

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

14. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's funny! How do you clean a dirty mind....

15. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Why would you want to...a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!:D