Register now to get rid of these ads!

Updating the HAMB Helper Pages for the 2nd Annual Copy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 9, 2006.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've gotten quite a few inquiries lately on when I was going to update the HAMB Helper pages. I guess now is as good a time as any. For those that haven't a clue as to what I'm talking about here's the scoop.

You PM me with all the info below. Copy and paste is the easiest way so you can make sure all the info is included. You guys would be surprised on how many people didn't include their screen name or email address. If you don't include your email address you can't possibly except to get the spreadsheet right?? And since this is for HAMB members only, including your screen name weeds out the "undesirables".:D

Anyway, I then put all the info in a speadsheet form and email back to everyone who's participated with info so they can print the spreadsheet to carry in their car in case of breakdown. We did this last year and it was a huge success. I believe there are over 300 folks listed so far in the HAMB Helper Pages and I'd love to hit the 500 mark this year.

I know I used it a couple of times last year. The most memorable was when the wheel feel off Dad's '56 on our way out to California. A single phone call to a local HAMBer who directed us to a repair shop where another HAMB guy worked and we were back on the road in a couple of hours. I'm sure there are others out there with simliar stories on how the HAMB Helper pages "saved the day" so to speak.

I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks gathering info and updating the spreadsheet then email it out in about a month, in time for those that are traveling to the Lonestar Roundup to have the updated version.

Without sounding harsh, if you don't send in your info don't expect to get the spreadsheet. You must participate if you want the benefits of having it. Also, this is to use in case of emergency. Folks just don't want you showing up at their doorstep cuz your in the neighborhood. You wanna visit someone, plan ahead and get ahold of them. We've never had any issues of misuse BUT if I ever hear of anyone misusing it, they will have to answer to me. If a person doesn't feel like giving their street address thats fine, but a City and State are a must along with at least one phone number.

If you gave me your info last year, including your email address, and you got the spreadsheet back from me without a problem, THIS YEAR YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO A THING, YOU Will BE INCLUDED. If you gave me your info BUT did not include your email, (you know who you are becuase you were the ones that PM'ed me later asking for me to resend the spreadsheet to you cuz you didn't get it). YOU THEN MUST RESEND EVERYTHING AGAIN. If in doubt, just resend all the info to make sure your included. I would hate for anyone to miss out. Sorry if the last paragraph sounds like I'm talking to toddlers but trust me when I tell you guys this, I will get PM's asking questions that are answered in this post.

It goes without saying but I'm going to say it anyway, there is a limited time to be included so act now, don't delay and get stranded on the side of the road WITHOUT hundreds of your favorite HAMB friends to help you out.:D

Copy and Paste the following, fill in your info and PM me.

SCREEN NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIPCODE:

HOME:

CELL:

WORK:

EMAIL:

I'd also like to add that I love doing this for you guys, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.:D

2. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

info sent for this time around. was too late last year.

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Anytime I can keep the warm, fuzzy feeling going I do it.

BTW, you had me as DeMotte, Il in the first one... its DeMotte, In.

Maybe have us put an approximate to the nearest big city or where in the state we are. NOBODY knows where DeMotte is... but if I say 65 mi SE of Chicago people understand.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

yeah well the spreadsheet is only so big......:p

I used a map and area codes to determine who was closest to where we were broke down at.:D

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

But I'm not as smurt as you. I couldn't figure that out all on my own.:confused::)

(EDIT) What's a map?

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Typical man.......:rolleyes:

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I just sent you my updated info. Thanks again for doing this. I printed off a couple of them last year and I had one in each car including the daily driver. Just in case someone called and I was out of town and I could relay information to the HAMBer down.

Thanks,
    Chris Nelson

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We think alike.....I did the same thing.:cool:

9. skipperman

skipperman

I'd also like to add that I love doing this for you guys, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Us too...... and this has got to be one HELL of a job !! Thanks up front ....

jersey Skip

10. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Denise, as usual, thanks for all that you do for us HAMBers. I've sent you my info so that I can be included. Don't know why I didn't last year unless you did this when we were on our two month trip out West and back.

PS-Check your PMs as I sent you a question on this years Autorama.

John

11. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

Thanks for doing this...anything to help a fellow Hamber is great.

12. i'm in this time.....had help last year from a hamber when i was stranded in Ill...
    my turn to help....

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Gotta love HAMBers. . . there for ya when ya needs em most. :D

Im in, PM and info sent, and Denise, lemme know if you need any kinda help widdis :cool:

14. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

this should be a sticky at the top

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

All my info is the same... rock on, I'll need this before leaving for VLV..

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

This is an excellant idea and thanks for taking the time to put it together again Denise. My info's been sent. Knowing how HAMBers are always there, these Help Pages will come in handy for sure. I'll have a copy in all of my vehicles.
    Thanks, LSM

17. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Denise, sent you my updated info.
    Thanks for doing this

18. RodLand

RodLand

I only yesterday ask why the Hamb didn't have such a thing, as I am new here. You are the best for doing this. Lots of work. Thanks from me!

19. Thanks Denise.......info sent........you'd the BEST!!!!!!:)

Attached Files:

• c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
  20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

108 NEW additions to the HAMB Helper pages in less then 24 hours!:eek:
    Holy Smokes you fellas plan on keeping me busy and outta trouble don't you!:D
    I'm thrill with the response. Thanks to everyone so far who has sent their info already. At this rate the skys the limit and I have no clue what to expect in the next couple of weeks BUT the more entries the better we're all covered while on the road right???:cool:

HAMB members ROCK!

21. kentucky

kentucky

Update sent BTT!

22. RodLand

RodLand

23. RodLand

RodLand

Hey hotrodladycrusr, sent you a P.M.

This was pushed back to page 8.:confused:

Better sign up, It may be you stuck on the side of the road!

24. DUAL 4S

DUAL 4S

Denise I will get Christine on this ASAP. Thanks again.

Tom

25. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

........anything to give YOU a "warm fuzzy feeling" dear.....:eek:

26. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

thanks for all you do!!!

i missed this last year, and almost again this year...

pm'd ya

bttt

27. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

PM sent, Thanks:cool:

28. THECHICK

THECHICK

bumpin back to the top...

29. phattpat

phattpat
    from Armada, MI