Register now to get rid of these ads!

Studebaker pick-up.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Faded Love Garage, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Just got my 52 in the shop the other day, and was wondering who else on here has one. Also what the best way to lower is. S10 chassis? Also any pics would be nice.

2. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

3. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Here's mine,

I Chopped it 3 inches, reinforced the stock frame and graphed a Plymouth Volare front clip to it, and the rear leaf spring hangers I raised a few inches.
    Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Lookin for one, thinkin' about swb early Dakota chassis, wheelbase is the same 112". Maybe keep the 3.9 V6 . Had given some thought to 2.3 Turbo Volvo (had a 940T wagon for a donor, but sold it) also given some thought to 4.0 L jeep engine. Volvo was 170 HP w OD 5 speed, HO Jeeps are 190. Should also be easy to sub frame the front for more modern steering, brakes and suspension. Rear end is DANA 44, should be easy to find better gears. Have a line on one in Va. supposed to be getting pics. I think the R series is a nreat looking pickup, that takes well to lowereing lots of room in the fenderwells.

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

This one is on an s10 chassis...........don't laugh the guy's like 123.:rolleyes: It could get lower, it doesn't sit that high to need the nerf bars, but like I said he's part of the living dead. Would be easier to get lower with a set of drop spindles. Otherwise it's stock s10 height.

[​IMG]

6. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

That is exactly what I want to go for. I have some pics but they are too big. Anyone wanna postem for me?

7. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Did the Volare clip fit pretty well? That is what I have been thinking of for my 50

8. I like this one.

Attached Files:

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Yes,
    The Volare fit great...... the frame rails are the same width, so you pretty much cut the bottom half of the front rails off and put them on top of the front clip and weld it up. A little more finessing obviously, but you get the idea.

10. CGkidd

CGkidd

Hey THEM, I got a couple of pics of your truck at EL Mirage last Sept. I only got shots from a distance though.

11. Odd you should mention Stude pickups today. A friend was buried today. He was in the process of redoing his old gasser style 46. He used a Nova clip. It worked well. A BBC is a near bolt in now with a low ride highth (sp?) and cheap parts. The old pics of it with a nosebleed stance look cooler, though.

12. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

If you don't mind yellow.....

Attached Files:

13. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Coupe express... /droool.....

14. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

Then drool out of both sides;)

Attached Files:

15. dirt

dirt

i just bought a 54 yesturday. its an orig complete cali truck with no rust. it came with the orig drivetrain and a 350/350 combo and 10 bolt rearend and a ton of parts,a new cherry picker,engine stand, basicly everything the guy had that was car related. i cant wait to get it on the road.