Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Electric Life Door Solenoids

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, Apr 17, 2014.

1. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

My 49 Merc. has shaved doors and the passenger door was not functioning reliably. I checked on the HAMB and got a consensus of good brands of replacement solenoids. I chose the 60lb. Electric Life solenoids and ordered through Summit on a Sunday. They were here on Tues. morning. Great shipping service for sure. I removed the door panel and found cheap plastic openers with an unknown brand name which made me glad I ordered two new ones. I had some trouble in the assembly and operation which I emailed Electric Life about. They made suggestions which did not work. I installed relays to make sure I was powering them sufficiently but they still did not work. I started all over on the installation to make sure I made no mistake as the solenoids worked properly when I removed and tested them. I found my mistake and now they work perfectly as they should. What I did was use two washers when installing the solenoid to the bracket. There should not be any washers. The washers were hindering the action so it would work . All in all I am happy with Electric Life and there help line and for fast shipping from Summit.

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Good to know. Thanks for posting your evaluation of a product so many of us use.

3. byrdman66

byrdman66
    from Lowell, In

Thanks for the post. Been pondering how to do this on my 49 Merc mordoor. I'll be ordering mine today.