Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Here - Where to Post? (1956 Chevy 3600)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wegortw, Nov 17, 2013.

1. wegortw

wegortw
    from Austin, TX

Just picked up my first "real" project having owned 16 previous set of wheels, this is the first one I purchased knowing I would have to tow it home. My last classic car purchase was a 66 Mustang, but not realizing until afterwards that it's no fun purchasing a turn key looker; when people admire it you know it had nothing to do with you (other than handing over the $).

This go around I went shopping for an affordable project that was mostly all there but needed work and I was in luck finding one just miles from home. This 1956 Chevy 3600 had seen a previous restoration/modification in the early 90's, but since the last owners purchase in 2003 where it was transported from Wyoming to Texas it was in need of another restoration after it's previous owner ran it into the ground due to a bitter breakup.

Where the last owner had good intentions to get it rolling, life got in the way and the truck again found itself sitting for the past 10 years. The owner moved to California leaving the truck in a friends driveway here in Austin, where I found it on craigslist a little bit later. Getting it home the first goal was to identify what I had and after laying underneath it for a few hours and some googling I have determined:

• VIN matches a 1956 Chevy 3600 Pickup (3/4 Ton)
    • Donor frame is from a 1976 Chevrolet K5 Blazer
      [*]TH350 3 Speed Automatic Transmission
      [*]NP203 Full Time 4×4 Transfer Case
      [*]Dana 44 Front Axle with Disc Brakes
      [*]10 Bolt Rear Axle with Drum Brakes​
    • Motor is a 1973-1985 Big Block V8 454 (serial # 361959),

Not being familiar with the HAMB's posting rules I come asking, can I post here and if so where does this beast fit:
    - Styled, Customs, Hot Rods, or not at all?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wegortw

wegortw
    from Austin, TX

I am going to go ahead and guess the styled forums

3. 50 Fastback

50 Fastback

Welcome from Chicago!

4. wegortw

wegortw