Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cragar Vegas Wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RainierHooker, Oct 31, 2013.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Has any one on here got a set of Cragar's 'Vegas' wheels? I'm looking for a set of chrome steelies to put back on my Studebaker truck, like what were on there in picures of it when my dad was rolling around in it in the 60's and 70's.

These look to be pretty much the best looking chrome wheels for the application since they aren't multi-lug, and I can get them cheap, in the size I want (15x7).

My only concern is that Studebakers require a slightly larger-than-most center bore, and I can't seem to find the CB dimension for these wheels. If anyone is running a set of these, would you mind getting a measurement for me?

Here's the wheels in question...

[​IMG]

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't decide which of the tech-sub-forums this belongs in, since the info could pertain to any of the three...

2. not sure if it's a brand deal - the last Stude I bought was a Champ and it just had some generic's on it ....

3. RatPin

RatPin

Other cragar steels have a center bore of 3 1/8" I would guess these have the same, but it's a guess.

4. I'd like to see them without spider caps.

5. xwing01

xwing01

what wheels are pictured? I want to run some of these on my sedan...

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The Vegas Wheel is pictured. That's what he's looking for.

7. xwing01

xwing01

Thanks for the clarification... looks like wheel vintiques also make a similar style.

8. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Thanks guys, I saw some of their other wheels had a CB listed under their specs, but I just don't want to guess when I'm dropping bucks on wheels (I've been burnt by guessing with wheels before). I've sent an email to Cragar's customer service department, if/when I get a response, I'll post it here.

9. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Just got a response from Cragar. The Center Bore is 3.19"

Now to go out and measure my hubs and hopefully get some wheels on order...

Posted using my Lil' Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin

10. Evan did you ever get a answer back from Cragar ?

11. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I did, unfortunately they are too small for my application. The Cragar wheels have a 3.19" center-bore, the wheels I have on the truck are 3.375" center-bore. Close, but no cigar...

12. Somebody

Somebody

So it's just basically a smoothie with a spider cap? Great marketing.

13. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

No, they are just a chrome smoothie. The spider caps are not included. But they are cheaper than similar offerings I could find from wheel vintiques and the like, and are offered in 5x5 without a silly multi-lug pattern. It's just too bad they won't work for me...

Posted using my Lil' Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin