Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ***AUCTION IS CLOSED*** Gene Cromer/Moonlighter ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 21, 2013.

1. This auction is to help Gene Cromer with "The Moonlighter" project.

This IS the original, one and only drivers seat cover from "The Moonlighter"

Gene graciously autographed it and all the proceeds of the auction will go to him.

The auction will end Monday May 27th. at 9PM eastern standard time.

Thanks in advance.HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hWTMFoGKozY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. 55Belairman

55Belairman

I am in at $50.00. This is such a great story of people coming together to help on a project.

3. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Get in while I can afford it $101

4. Ebert

Ebert

I will go for $200, BUT I want him to keep it...that is where it belongs.

5. 54rat210

54rat210

Thats righteous!

6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'm with you 54rat it needs to stay with the car but I'm going to out bid you at $250 and leave it with the car. I still have every little piece no matter how small that I had to trim off or replace while doing the rebuild they are in a box and belong to Gene.

7. Chucky

Chucky
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great idea guys, hot rods aren't cheap! The auction has quickly gone over my budget, but I felt I could still help. I already ordered a t-shirt ( a few days ago) and decided to send a seperate straight donation of $20. I'm not looking for my name to be on any list of "sponsors". Just really enjoyed watching this all come together.

8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I would love to bid on this, but I'm afraid the wife would skin me and turn me into a seat cover too! Good Luck and God Bless you and all Your Family Gene!

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'll go $275

10. eadiepbb

eadiepbb
    from london

This is such a great story of people coming together to help on a project.[​IMG]

11. Local newspaper online video. HRP

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lxCNx3tG3d8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ebert you are thinking like me but $250 is all I can stand right now I already have a lot invested. I'll make you and everybody else that bids a deal. i will give anybody that wins it and lets it stay with the car $150 so bid $300 and I will give gene $150 you will only have to pay $150 and so on but it has to stay with the Cromer family. You will own it and that will be noted on the cover or somewhere. I think that sometime this car will end up in a museum and that cover needs to be there with it. Plus if it don't stay with the car it will end up on e bay and bring a lot more and Gene won't see a penny of that. The bid is now at $275 and he didn't say if it would stay with the car. Don't get me wrong I know it would be Cool to hang on the wall in a man cave.

13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Quain I to think it should stay with the car.

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

If you get it and let it stay with the car I will pay $150 of your bid so you will only pay $125 but you will still own it. What this will do is anyone that don't let it stay with the car will have to pay the full bid, hope this ant bid rigging or something like that. I would just keep bidding until I got it but I'm taped out here lately.

15. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Quain; Ill kick in a $100 on your bid. Just tell me where to send the money. Chris

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That will work Chris someone else has added $150. so with my $150 The other $150 and your $100 that will be a $400 Bid looks like there will be 3 partners if we get it. $400 bid I am a man of my word I will still do the $150 to someone else like I said in an earlier post if you out bid us.

17. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Guys... I did this exact thing when I did my rebuild. I know how you feel about every little scrap of that car. I totally agree that every little piece no matter how small needs to stay with it. Please don't seperate any of it from the car....

I can't do much except add to what Quain is doing. I will add another $100 if it stays with Gene. Just tell me where to send the money if Quain wins it.

18. Quain,

I'm in for the same 100.00 It stays with Gene
    Let me know where to send the money. Its been well worth that to watch the build.. Ed

19. It is now 9:00PM eastern stranded time the auction is closed. HRP

20. This has got to be the strangest most heart warming auction I have ever posted.

Quain & the donors are the winner of the auction,,but in the long run Gene is the real winner.

When Dennis & I dreamed this up we thought we could help Gene recoupe some of the expense taken from his own pocket,,You guys really came through to help Gene and let him retain ownership of the original seat cover.

Quain was right,,Gene needs to keep it along with $600.00 bucks,,I'll send you each a PM,,,thank you. HRP

21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Now I can tell the other $150 was HOTRODPRIMER Thanks to everybody that helped.

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thumbs up to all you Gentlemen! Glad it's staying with the car. I recall the post in the restoration when the original seats were located. I was enthused about the seats being located and somewhat disappointed to see the cover eventually being auctioned. Everyone wins.