Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod and Custom Strollers!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SLAMIT, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Please Help me out Fellas. I have seen bitchin little custom strollers that look like mercs. Where the heck do find such a thing any more. I know speedway used to sell them but I cant seem to find em anywhere. Also pics of your customs would be cool.

Thanks

Eric

2. Cword

Cword

Etienne linked this picture on another board

[​IMG]

Mike

3. sawzall

sawzall

4. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Buy one of those bodies and have this guy build you the frame like one of his wagons. http://www.hellscustoms.com/cool.htm

5. 55olds88

55olds88

Shame Bebops only has the one pic on their site, anyone know what their 36's are like ? prices seem o.k. I have been looking at a 32 body for my kids but its nzd 500.00

6. brandon

brandon

heres one i did for my kid ....back in the day....(or around winter of 97) i got the body from a place in fort wayne indiana that sold glass anglia bodys.....there was a guy from waynesville ohio that sold a bunch of different bodys....there are usually some on ebay from time to time.....usually around 250 or so.....i think i gave 175 back then.....this thing was nicer than my real car ....had leather and tweed ( remember that....) interior.....billet wheels ....stainless exhaust....hok paint....and a fat pair of burris treads.....if ya do one ...put a castor under the front.....easier to steer.....brandon

7. brandon

brandon

try that agian with a picture.......brandon

Attached Files:

8. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Thanks guys. This is getting the gears turning in my head real good. I like the glass bodied ones but I may be better off making one. Im thinking like old vacuums or something to donate the case and turn that in to a bitchin body.

9. Fidget

Fidget

Look at CKD #10. On page 96 theres a hot rod stroller made out of a vintage baby stroller. Working headlights and trunk! I've got a kid on the way too, and I've been looking for a stroller to do this same treatment to. I don't have a scanner, so no pics from me.

10. 2-TONED

2-TONED

AERO FIBERGLASS
    Delano Minnesota.
    makes all kinds of bodys etc...

11. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I built a 36 for my daughter. It is two toned, aluminum wheels, duvall windshield, Leather seat, am/fm casstte, two speakers, working headlights,and tailights, a 12 volt fan in the nose that blows air at her from a air box with a air in take scoop in the floor, custom steering wheel, pinstriped, and the nose is about a 1/2 inch off the ground. I will try to remember to bring some pictures of it in to post tomorrow if I can remeber. I had mor fun with her in that than any car could be. She is just about too big for it now. When I am done with my car and the garage is redone it will go on display out there again. I couldn't part with it for no amount of money.

12. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Bebops does have the Hudson glass body close to the Merc body. They are very slow and Teresa told me they really didn't want to do anymoe since they can make two fenders in the same amount of time for more money. They don't have anymore headlights or Duvall windshields. PM me about who has the Duvall windshields as I will not speak of or advertise for them directly on here. I build 36 strollers myself and have sold about ten of them. I have a simple frame design using 1/2 square tubing thats very low in the front and high enough in the back to not scrup on curbs. I put a umbrella style stroller wheel on the front of the frame behind the grille that allows you to turn 360 degrees.
    I don't have any finished right now working on the 46, OT at work and 2 houses to work on.
    Your best bet is to buy a body at a show they run from $75 to $125 at the swap meets.

Attached Files:

13. fivespoke

fivespoke
    from Wichita KS

Here's one I started as a stroller and ended up making a rolling cooler. It's got a steering gear set up from an old Dynamark rider at the back with a looooong drag link connected to a bellcrank that's tied into the tierod. Work great.

[​IMG]

14. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I need a touring body. I have twins on the way

15. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

That 32 3W cooler is cool. I had one I sold to a guy that builds 1/4 remote control cars. Are those wheels hard plastic off a Marx Indy car? I had a set I was planning on using, they scaled out well. Harley turn signals made great headlight buckets used clear lense off a tap light.

16. fivespoke

fivespoke
    from Wichita KS

The tires and wheels are garden variety saw tooth tread two wheel dolly items with wide whites courtesy of Krylon flat white. The fronts are 4X6 and the rears are 4X8.5 I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Heres a stroller I built from scratch for my lil guy.
    Its all steal,chrome diff and dropped axle etc.
    Build a body don't buy a body.
    The pedalcar is his too,I built the chassis from scratch,flamethrowers too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

You can build your own with a bit of imagination. Stu

19. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Check out the 50 Merc at Aero Fiberglass at www.aeroglass.com they have all the parts or ready to roll.

20. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Thanks for all the info this is exciting. That 32 cooler is way bitchin. so many Ideas now I need to decide on one and go for it.

Thanks again

Eric

21. Fidget

Fidget

The 'Deluxe' is $1,175!! Without the sidetrim, and special wheels it's $850! Ouch!

22. A tip for working headlights - my grandaughter's got lights that you see every time you go down a stair well in a big building or hotel. Those emergency lights up on the wall are 12 volts!

23. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

I'll get the measurements for the lights that I have been using. I been told they are deck lights and that the company stopped making them. Pep Boys carried them.
    I use red oval rhinestones for taillights from Hobby Lobby. I cut the shape into the fiberglass body with a dremel tool then epoxy them in. I used to cut them out of clear red plastic but that stuffs not easy to find around here.

24. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

I'm looking for a cool pedal car, but have been unable to find one. Any ideas?

25. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I just clicked on the Aero site and, apparently, it is no longer active and has been shut down. At the prices they were charging, I can see why.