Register now to get rid of these ads!

Marmon Herrington ........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **MCQUEEN**, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Anyone have any pics of one of these ?

=============
    "1940 Ford "Marmon Herrington" 4wheel drive pickup. Very Rare. This is a Navy military truck used in the 2nd Service Battalion, needing complete restoration and not running. Automatic 4 wheel drive,flathead V8,4spd,pickup bed,grille guard,fenders,hood,runnning boards,no doors. "
    ==========

2. Marmon Harrington did 4WD conversions for Ford and maybe others, military truck is going to look pretty much like stocker, friend had a 41 and it was pretty much the same except the box was taller. While back "This Old Truck" had a feature on MH and they showed a 40 woodie conversion, so they didn't limit themselves to trucks. No idea how many cars/trucks were done but it couldn't have been many that survived.

3. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I got a 37 Marmom Herrington 4 wh chassis that someone had put under a 50 stude pickup. paid $400 for the truck, put the chassis back on E bay and a guy gave me $1500 to end the auction early

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

are you talking about a 4x4 woodie. I have a pic of a 46-48 version. I have never seen a 40 version. they were post war I thought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lots of woodie pics on my website

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

The MH conversion was offered as early as 1939. The Ford logo on the side of the hood was replaced with a MH wimged wheeles logo.

Attached Files:

6. Here's a few pics of a '40 Standard Marmon-Herrington Woodie...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...this perfectly restored example belongs to Nick Alexander.

More pics in my Marmon-Herrington Woodies album.

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Dave nice shots.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Was that this years Wavecreast.

9. No, those were from Wavecrest 2001.

10. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

that 40 was up in ventura a couple years ago.
    it is still one of my favorite woodies
    tp aka zibo

11. waltergunter@bellsouth.ne

[email protected]

Hi I have three Marmon Herrington half ton trucks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  12. there was a article on the very truck your talking about in one issue of classic trucks and i will see if i can locate it. the truck was a original survivor.

13. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

I have been saving the running gear from a 11/2 ton to make a fork lift from. Even went so far as to buy an adapter to make sbc work then found another flathead.

14. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

15. briz

briz

Hey guys-

I have a 48 (I think) f5 marmon-herrington converted truck- has been in my wifes family since the early 50s. The original engine blew up, they replaced it with the engine out of a 1950 f1- the first truck my father in law bought. I pulled the engine for my hot rod project, and dont know what to do with the truck.
    Anyway, I'd like to sell it to someone who'd appreciate what it is. If anyone is interested in buying an old truck in eastern washington, let me know.

Briz

[email protected]

16. WQ59B

WQ59B

My brother just picked up a (solid project) '39 Ford M-H dump truck today, reportedly an upstate NY plow truck. Will try and get a pic soon.

17. dust2rust

dust2rust
    from ca

Ford f5 Marmon Herrington Coe truck ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413148911.498146.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413148955.313704.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Saw this one in the Flea Market at Hershey this year, it came out from California. Great looking car. Bob

Attached Files: