Register now to get rid of these ads!

My tire turned brown????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BronxMopars1, Sep 6, 2012.

1. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

So I took the coupster out to the Dead Mans Curve show this weekend and after sitting out in the sun the front tire turned brown! I dont use armorall or any of that stuff just soap and water.............. What do I do to fix it and stop it from happening again??????

Attached Files:

2. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

tires are way to wide anyway on that car(radials?) ;) good reason to just take those disgusting things off of there and put them on a honda where they belong.

3. WDobos

WDobos

Try using lacquer thinner on them,it may take a couple of times of driving and cleaning,but that should solve the problem. I believe it's the chemicals used in the tire making process that cause the browning.

4. Not going to begrudge a guy for wanting a car that handles great.

Various chemicals mixed into the rubber of the tire to prevent rot are coming to the surface. You can clean them regularly, or maybe try a good tire dressing to keep it hidden. It's something that varies from tire to tire. Lots of different opinions if you google it.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Great looking little car. I've had tires that do that too, a little Bleache-White and Armor-All or other tire dressing will fix ya right up. Or, drive down a dirt road, get everything all dusty, and it'll look even better!

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Wash with a mix of water and bleach.

7. uc4me

uc4me

x2 on the lacquer thinner, my tires on my OT AMX were really bad. 5 minutes with a rag and some lacquer thinner and they were looking like new

8. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Scrub with an SOS pad......

9. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

hes got bias plys on the back.....:confused:

10. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

WOW!:confused::mad::rolleyes:

Real helpful you are.

A good scrub and then a nice coat of tire dressing will fix you right up.

Nice car BTW!

11. I never have used lacquer thinner and would think there could be some possible interaction with the rubber compounds down the road. I am not a fan of armorall but would use bleach white and a good tire dressing intended for tire use. May have to redo it occasionally.

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

An oldtimer friend of mine had the rubber on his car looking like new. It was mostly old stuff, he said a little brake fluid on a rag does the trick. I tried it and it works. Brake fluid certainly doesn't hurt rubber.

Pat

13. RatsAss32

RatsAss32
    from SE Mich

I had the same issue on my Falcon with the new meats. Once they had a few heat cycles through them, it stopped. I used No Touch and it minimized the problem. Dont spray it on the tire, spray it on a rag and wipe it on. It leaves a nice satin look, not the horrible glossy sheen of armor grease.

14. Another vote here for lacquer thinner.

I've had this happen to me several times with different tires on different cars. I tried many cleaning products available including Bleche-Wite and Formula 409 and nothing cleaned them up except for the lacquer thinner.

15. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I've had good luck with armor all when this happens to tires, but there is definitely better tire care products. Im not pickin on anybody but that tire does look out of place on the front of that car...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I clean em with a nylon brush and one of those Magic erasers, then use some of that tire shine stuff letot soak for a few minutesthen wipe the excess off so it wont shine but it will stay nice and black. Careful mixing Bias ply's with radial's that can make for a sketchy ride...

17. Armorall actually makes a tire dressing I believe.

But getting to the problem at hand, I would probably get some good laundry soap and a brush and clean the damned things, if they turn brown again then I would do it again. Washing and wiping is part of owning a car unless you are a real sloth.

18. I'd use enamel reducer, it won't be as hard on the rubber. Or, better yet, neither.;)

19. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Looks like the same tires all the way around to me. I use a scrub brush and comet.

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Ain't that the truth. Clean them regularly and this won't happen. They don't clean themselves.
    Paul

21. Here is one of the tires for my truck with the "brown" issue. This tire is new and it only came clean with the lacquer thinner.

Before

[​IMG]

After (test area)

[​IMG]

22. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Thanks Fella's. I'll let you know what I try and how it comes out!

23. Westley's Bleach White. I use it every time I wash the cars.
    Made to keep your white walls nice and white, but helps keep the black nice and dull black. None of that shiny shit that attracts dirt.

24. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

stay out of the dog shit

25. i say water and soap and a good brush. i hate shiny tires. hate hate hate them. shiny paint = good, shiny tire = bad...but this is just my opinion and i know not everyone feels the same way.

like i said, water and soap.

26. I tried that first.... didn't work!

[​IMG]

27. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

laq thinner---then clean good with bleach white

28. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Bleeche-white will clean em up nicely. Oils etc. coming out of the rubber is atracting dirt =BROWN. Would not use thinners for dirt ,over spray ,road paint yes. Laundry soap and a stiff brush works also.

29. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

30. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

easy.. black spraypaint.

lol.

or do as i do.. forget about that shit and drive it.