Register now to get rid of these ads!

B&M Hydro Stick installation instructions pics now loaded!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DualQuad55, Jul 17, 2012.

1. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

After veiwing a few threads with guys trying to get accurate info on setting up throttle linkage for their Hydros, I thought I would post
    the installation instructions for a B&M HydroStick including the recommended throttle kickdown/pressure linkage setup...

Pics have now been attached thanks to some help from the crazy Canuck!
    We hope to have some more B&M literature posted soon!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. F&J

F&J

Joe, are these actually .JPG pics stored in your computer picture file? I have always been able to put 2000x1600 size up on hamb by using the thumbnail deal.

If you can't find a way to do that, but do have a way to email JPG images to me, I can put them up. Some pics are not JPG format, and some of those other ones I can't figure out, sometimes. PM me if you think you can send them by email, and I will give you my email address.

3. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Thanks, I have someone whom I just emailed the info to who says he can post it for me. They are Jpeg files but I cant remember how to resize them. If you want them emailed I can do that too.

4. BigJim394

BigJim394

5. It's the full 10 pages of installation instructions, and they're in much better condition. I'm going to post them here, and contact Paul to see if he might add them to that thread in the tech archive as well.

6. DualQuad55 sent me these over the other night, and I was just waiting for his go-ahead to post them up on on here.

Let me say, they're pretty damn useful for anyone looking to set up their Hydro... especially if they're having trouble with the kick down linkage.

(Keep clicking through for full size images)

Attached Files:

7. Put you pics in an album hosted here on the HAMB go to your profile and creat a new album.

A B&M hydrostick should not use kickdown linkage by the way, they were the equiovelent of a modern day full manual valve body. So I will be interested in what you have to post. I hope to learn somethhing new.

Well you learn something every day, I was told by an old racer that the throttle pressure linkage was not necessary with the B&M not I have to figure out a way to build one. Damn the luck.

8. What are you putting your hydrostick behind?

9. Chet Smith 394. 2x4 separate plenum. I will no doubt run mine with a cable. Real different setup that we are normally dealing with, but there will be no pregressive although that shouldn't make a difference WOT is WOT.

You can find a pic here if you want. Public album that I used for my tech entry last tech week. Not detailed and just for interest only I suppose.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=32565

BTW while I got your attention check your PMs.

10. I have a brand new never installed BM unblown comp that is going in my avatar car behind a 54 lincoln.

Back in the 60's in my 374 Packard powered 51 Olds I just had a choke cable pulled out and inch for driving and all out for racing. it worked for me then. but I'm just a hair smarter now and I have linkage off an old cad that I'll use

11. You have the same transmission as I have with the exception that mine has no doubt been used and abused. Yous is a slant pan correct? ;)

Oh while I am thinking about it you can double click the pics and they will open in another window and you have the option of expanding them to a larger size that makes them easier to read.

12. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Most old racers just locked the throttle pressure valve wide open giving full line pressure. They were not concerned about light to moderate throttle shifting.
    They also used to have a quick release for the rear band so they could tow/push the cars back to the pits without spinning the rear pump.
    Not to mention B&M had three options to chose from-street/strip, unblown competition, and blown competition.
    Keep checking back, hopefully this weekend the Canuck and I can get my B&M brochoure/pamphlet uploaded here as well. Not as much tech info but cool info non the less.

13. Twinpilot001

Twinpilot001

I had a Hydrostick that I bought from a man that had same in a 1965 chevII -new in 66-was never ran when i acquired it!.Complete from flywheel to yoke & B&M shifter . I finally sold it a few years back -never used it -it was a full supercharged unit also. There was/is=?/ the origional B&M Shop-manager from when these were develpoed in the 60's -he has atranny shop up in Northern Calif. somewhere. I did speak with him in the 80's about the tranny. B&M still has records on every trans they built also -tells what case & mods were put into each.I know =i called & asked them. There was also an old tranny shop in San Antonio texas that still had some furnace braised torus's for them too along with some kits & parts. Mine was sold to a man that lived in east Texas -conroe?? maybe ?/ like in 2008/9? B&M used to guarentee their blown hydrostick trannys for 100 Full throttle runs!! Beat that today!!