Register now to get rid of these ads!

History That car you heard about back in the day. Where is it now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tantank49, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Here is your chance to bash a FNG. I've been looking around the site and can't find a junkyard topic. Where did all of the cool cars go? Forgive me if this post is in the wrong spot.

I've heard stories from my dad and his friends about going to "the yard" and buying up every 392 they could find for their projects and the fun they had back in the day. Then there was an olds motor or an old nail head if a Hemi wasn't available. Scrap prices are up once again and our passion is headed for doom.

Anyone want to share a pic or two and possibly the location of a few junkyards before everything is gone?

2. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

3. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

The fact nearly everyone drives a modern car and shakes their head at cool, rusty, and loud old cars is depressing. I live for saving the history of the day. I was just born too late to have it like it was. Everything we want is still out there. Just need to pass the word on where it is.

4. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

We saved one! This poor old Bird was headed for doom. There's not enough left to set in the saddle one last time for a cruise around town but it will make a nice parts donor for another Bird or two.

[​IMG]

Like normal you get a half dozen people from two states together to keep one from the crusher and something HAS to go wrong. This poor old girl is heavy. It took it's toll on the trailer wench.

[​IMG]

We had a bit of help available.

[​IMG]

All loaded up and headed south.

[​IMG]

I had an awesome morning with some amazing people saving one. Where is all the cool stuff hiding? I have a list a mile long. I just don't have the space to buy it all up.

More pics and info available ......... SAVE THEM OLD CARS FROM THE CRUSHER!!!!!!!!

Tantank49
    http://www.ccmauto.com/