Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cam Winders "Most likely to get pulled over" - 1937 Chrysler coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BADBEE, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

Bless me Hambers for I have sinned, Its been about 2 1/2 years since my last confession... er post. Been busy finishing the 37 Chrysler coupe.I Its all Mopar powered. 440, manual 727, 8 3/4 rear end from a 70 roadrunner with a 4.10 spool. It has about 25 street driven miles under it right now and Im just starting to get confident enough to get on it. It hooks up hard. Nothing was purchased out of a catalog and very little was bought from Ebay (seatbelts and scoop) everything else was hunted out on Craigslist,local swap meets and old junkyards. Every bit of the work was done myself with the exception of the shortening and balancing of the driveline. All of the art work and lettering was done by myself or my son Ace( H.A.M.B. member-acesspeedshop). The hard part was making brand new paint look 40 years old and blending it with the heavy patina of the car so that it all flowed. I took it on its first ride to the Cam Winders show last July and won the trophy in the pic. Please giva a look to my other posts and see what the car looked like when I bought it. Right now including the puchase price of the car I am in it a grand total of $5700. Yes, A cool car can be built affordably. you just have to have patience,( waiting for a pair of 15 x 12, 5 on 4.5 Cragars to show up on Craigslist might take a while) a plan and be willing to do as much as you can yourself.. Comments are welcome and appreciated. Will p.s. I recently added a old Deist chute to the mix but have no pics with it on

Attached Files:

2. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

That looks like a bucket of fun! What do you reckon it'll do on the quarter mile?

3. ratfink56

ratfink56

sweeeet. love a big block mopar.

4. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks fun! Nice to see more Mopars!

5. greazy john

greazy john

cool ,love to see rb mopars , i have the purists around me craping in their pants telling them thats what i am going to put in my recently bought 40 FORD coupe....ha ha

GREAZY HUBCAPZ CC EAST TN

6. Deuces

Deuces

Ummm.... So when are you gonna paint it???

7. outlaw256

outlaw256

what deuces said.

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

Its great to see a Mopar in a Mopar racer especially with the tunnel ram :)...

9. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Mopar in a Mopar?? YOU BETCHA!!! The only way to go.

10. I suppose that ther is a lot that could be done with that old beaty but it is rough as a cob. Just the way I like 'em. :cool:

11. farmer12

farmer12

That is one mean looking Mopar!

12. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Well done...no sinnin goin' on there! Great job, especially for the money involved.

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice nice nice !!
    I like it a lot, just like it is.....great job...
    Now get out and ENJOY!!
    Cheers.........

14. Right on man, right on! Pull up beside a "Street Rod" in that and watch them pee on their leather upholstery! :D

15. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

I plan on painting it as soon as my tweed interior gets back from the shop. I'm thinking maybe pastel lavender with floresent green lightning bolts.

16. mlagusis

mlagusis

Make sure to paint all of the chrome body color too. :)

17. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

Here a few pictures of it fenderless and sporting zoomies at the Rebel Riot show in Tacoma. I know that everyone in the city could hear it.

Attached Files:

18. That has bad intentions written all over it. :D

Cool build!

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

Looks awesome...

20. your car caught my eye @ Rebel Riot, looks like a fun ride.

Attached Files:

21. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

Boy, that is a bad looking car! I have a 37 Chrysler myself, but it's in pieces right now. Can you tell me why these cars always get hit in the ass? Looks like you have the exact same hit that I do.

I'm still trying to figure out what the trunk pan originally looked like. I'm close, but not quite there yet.

22. Great job! That car looks 100% done and ready for action.

23. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

It wasnt hit. the piece below the trunk was rusted out and someone cut it out along time ago.It was in the trunk when I got the car and was so far gone that I could roll it up like tinfoil.

24. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

my mistake. Mine was hit and someone took a flat piece of steel and leaded it in. looked like shit. I pulled it and I'm still looking for a picture of a trunk to compare it to. I've only seen 2 other cars like this in person, and I couldn't find the owners to ask if they'd open the trunk for a picture.

25. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

Hey guys thanks for all the comments. Its nice to have some objective opinions. My wife and kids say that they like it but they really dont have a choice do they? alot of people were checking it out at the two shows that it went to this year but I never really got any feedback. When I was going though pictures today I realized that its my cars birthday. I brought it home from Oregon three years ago today. heres a photo of it on its way to be reborn.

Attached Files:

26. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Bad Ass, I like it better with the fenders but I would still drive it without if I had it you did a great job

27. n847

n847

Damn man I'm not sure how I feel about it other than It looks like a blast to drive...Mean as Hell!!! Any pictures of the interior, and or the engine mount set up...It had to be a bitch to squeeze that 440 between those frame rails I was thinking about doing trying to cram a 440 in my 47 and just drop it as low as I could get it and let it stick way up out of the fenders!
    I dig this car with or with out the fenders!

28. BADBEE

BADBEE
    from Northwest

Heres a few "before" pics and one "after". Im going to pull it out in the next half hour or so and take some good pictures of it. It was surprising how nice the engine went in. perfect fit.

Attached Files:

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks like a fun little attention-getter :cool: . Personally , I like it much better with the fenders on it (looks a little too r*tr*d this way , IMHO) , and I'd narrow that rear end a little bit too (but it ain't my friggin' car , lol !!) .