Register now to get rid of these ads!

***ALLIANCE AUCTION at the HAMB DRAGS***

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by blacktopbuddha, Jun 11, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Time to shift this gig into high gear once again.

First of all, BOMONSTER scratched up some killer artwork, and everyone that contributes this year will get a free t-shirt that will be printed up by our very own Marcy.

SO, I'm putting the call out to ALL HAMBers who want to raise a few bucks to help fellow members who have fallen on a rough patch, and also to remember those who have left this mortal coil.

Just like in years past, money from this auction will go to other HAMB members who may need a bit of help paying medical bills or just a few extra bucks to help get back on their feet again.

Also, a small portion of the money from this past year's auction was set aside as a memorial fund to honor members who have passed on. Flower arrangements were sent to funeral services or donations to charity were made in the name of the deceased HAMBer.

Anybody wanting to donate ANYTHING traditional hot rod or custom related; artwork of all kinds, parts, tools, magazines, books, toys, clothing, albums, music, gift certificates I MEAN ANYTHING.
    SEND ME A PM...or send it snail mail to:
    Bill Owecke
    2444 Missouri St.
    Lawrence, KS 66046

Money donations are also gratefully accepted through paypal at...
    [email protected]

I would also appreciate any help during the auction, especially setting up and at auction end. Don't need a commitment for the whole day just maybe an hour from people that can lend a hand.

THANK YOU!!! to everyone who has helped in the past and that step up this year too.

Links to past years auction threads...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475769
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365204

BOMONSTER...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=59816
    http://www.bomonster.com/

Marcy...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64796
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=2395

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. ryno

ryno

is it just me, or does this whole hamb drags forum seem dead this year?
    no one coming or what?
    lets get it rolling....

3. oldsman71

oldsman71

ill be there, ill try to scroung up a few things to bring :)

4. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Bad news sorry Bill, you're gunna have to put up with me again, got a few goodies to bring for the auction too. See ya there, Nigel.

5. KCsledz

KCsledz

I will be there selling stuff. Can I just bring some art stuff by the booth?

6. Have been talking with ryno about his efforts to help folks in Joplin. He has been raising money to help the Ozark Center for Autism buy new electronics (iPads, cam-corders, cameras, etc.)

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...ter-autism-aims-rebuild-after-joplin-tornado/

Any money beyond $2,500 raised by the auction will go to the Autism Center to help buy some of this expensive stuff they need. These kids, their families, and teachers had enough to cope with before the tornadoes.

Besides, ryno and other awesome HAMBers have done a ton of stuff to help already. Let's keep the good things rolling.

oldsman THANK YOU

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. Nigel - I've got some cool things for you as well

YES!!! I WANT ART WORK

I will also have a table set up Friday night in the hotel parking lot for folks to drop off their stuff.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. a couple of posts from ryno on his "helping hands" thread

alright guys we are all set for the visit to the Ozark center on Friday the 19th at 2:30. the center is set up at the bridge, which is right next door to the hotel. since they are graciously being given a facility to operate out of we need to be courteous to the others in the building, so they asked if we could only send 10-15 cars at a time. if you'd like to stop and interact with the kids, please do so, but keep in mind these kids are not used to nice cars and don't know any better, so basically if your car is so nice please don't stop if your going to stress. they are dismissed at 3:eek:o.

im going to the Springfield swap meet and will be back in time, but if someone that is not going to the swap meet would like to assist me in this adventure, please pm me and we'll gather a game plan!

i also got the updated wish list that ill post below in another post, it keeps wiping out my type when i post it in this body.if you get a moment checkout the timer link, another pretty amazing device to help those that need it.im hoping to get them another i-pad this week and make another visit!

Immediate Needs Wish List
    Updated 7/11/11

1. 30 MotivAiders (silent timers) – http://www.difflearn.com/product/Mot...ounters_clocks
    2. 10 iPads (32 GB or greater with WiFi capability)
    3. 10 OtterBox Defender Series Hybrid Case for iPads
    4. Video camera
    5. SmartBoard with projector
    6. Laptop for SmartBoard
    7. Computer, Leap Frog, and/or Letter Factory toys and games
    8. Camera
    9. Donations to the Ozark Center for Autism Scholarship Fund
    10. Donations to assist with rebuilding efforts

To support Ozark Center for Autism, our children, and families, please make a gift to:

Ozark Center for Autism
    Attention: Heather Collier
    PO Box 2526
    Joplin, MO 64803

9. Deadbird

Deadbird

Jesse and I have a little something to offer again this year. I'll try to post pics as soon as it's finished.

10. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I will be there and will donate something as usual. Not sure what yet....

12. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Here is a few pics of what I am sending. They measure 30" laser cut and powder coated. Now Lets see if any of you guys can match it. Its going for a good cause !!
    So I am challenging all --- Lets make this a great year

QUOTE :
    Just like in years past, money from this auction will go to other HAMB members who may need a bit of help paying medical bills or just a few extra bucks to help get back on their feet again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Don, we can't match your work- it's just too good! Those pieces are awesome!

We're sending 3 tee-shirts, and a FlatCad print, signed by the whole team on the salt.

14. customcory

customcory

Got some prints in the mail today, can't wait to have a Bomonster t-shirt, and I like to help ya'll when I can.:D

15. BTTT. I'll be tossing a few things in. Came across an old Shepherd Racing Heads (as in Lee Shepherd RIP, pro stock driver for Reher and Morrison) medium Red t-shirt that someone might want. I'll see what else I can scare up.

16. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i'll bringing a set of ford f-1 front shock brackets for the auction. and might be able to drag something else up too.

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I will dig around this weekend and drag some 'vintage' stuff down again this year........and I will keep your cell number handy in case I need to contact ya' post auction.......haha......I still feel bad after last years auction and trying to find you in the parking lot of the hotel........Oh yea, watch out for that BobK guy......he snipes all the bids.......haha.

Chris

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Bill..FTB will bring some of my stuff there for the cause

Jeff

19. thank you so much everyone - this years auction is going to be great

20. I'll be bringing a painted panel down to throw in the mix.

21. Deadbird

Deadbird

Here's our father son contribution (mostly son this time :D). A pair of vintage welding helmets, fixed shade with some slick striping work by Jesse (Navigator 23).

Attached Files:

22. ryno

ryno

awesome!

23. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Just to keep this active. The Gordon clan won't be attending this year but am sending this over Saturday for the auction with a friend. Just think, cruising the parking lot Saturday after winning these hot rod skates! lol. Case is included, bid often!

[​IMG]

24. bigken

bigken

If you think this will bring in some money, I'll drag it up with me. It is striped and upholstered, now.
    BigKen

Attached Files:

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, he's really getting good.:cool:

:eek: I'm shocked :eek:

26. ken - bring that for sure

George - I may just have to get those and then have a donation bucket next year if you'll skate down the 1/4 in them. Win win I say.

27. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Yea, Denise, I am sorry I won't get to see your smiling face this year. Just not in the cards. Zman is heading up the brat feed so it is in capable hands, and I got Bill covered on the auction donation so I will be there in spirit. Have fun.

Bill, nobody wants to see that! I could break a hip, and you know how slow we old guys heal.

28. Belt a pillow to your butt, a drag chute of sorts.

29. oldsman71

oldsman71

thank you for the T shirt!! I didnt expect that, I guess I didnt read the first post so good, I hope next year I can find some more stuff to donate!!! my buddy said the
    HAMB has a very strong since of community. thanks for all the good things you guys do, later Cobey