Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1931 Ford Pickup Project From Arg.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeaBlender, May 9, 2011.

1. Hey guys! I'm Leandro and I present to you "Doña Angiulina" Ford A Pick Up 1931 From Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I always had in mind to have something of 30'sy finally gave me, so searched for years and ended up buying a few few minutes from my house, with all its original documentation and mechanical conditions.

I retrieved it and we started to do the recognition and see their condition more in detail, something incredible ... is in very good condition!

I leave a couple of pictures and videos of the process of implementation after several years without working.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Videos:

Transfer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0EuQSome_I

First start after being idle for several years:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fzBiFyXZB8

Testing transmission to go out and circulate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKm9WmO2Yc

Leaving the Garage to reunite with asphalt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bhSObBQzo

Circulating through the streets with the help of a friend and my brother in case of emergency braking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1vruhKEyE

Fierrocker hug!

Lea.

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a cool old truck , enjoy it , engine sounds pretty good for sitting a long time

3. Hi guys, I pass the part until the day of the date:

We proceeded with the 2nd stage of disarmament, we leave no feathers!

I left the bare chassis to start with reinforcements, patches, rear, steering box, etc.

I keep thanking my friends who give me a hand in this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Playing a bit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards, Lea.

4. Looks good, and looks like you and your freinds are having fun with the build, that is have battle. Enjoy!

5. Decisive assemble the chassis again since that was not in very good condition

3rd stage, new chassis:

Pedal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motor Support
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Featuring front
    [​IMG]
    Diagramming Cleats
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Presentando
    [​IMG]
    Vista general
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

7. 1931av8

1931av8

Okay...I'll bite. This should be interesting.

8. Show what you do and share the process to help build is the best! ;)

My Dream ... Bonneville! :rolleyes:

Lea.

9. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

so was the body a fordor or tudor before it was cut into a pickup?

10. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

I like your x-member and tapered frame rails!!

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Pretty cool find for sure, plus it looked to be in pretty good condition. Subscribed.

12. No cut is original Pickup, suffered only shoddy repairs

Regards!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  13. 1931av8

1931av8

I agree and I am glad that you are doing that. Wish I could have done the same with mine. However, never seem to have a camera at the shop the same time that I am working on the truck.

Now...about that salt fever...once you get it there is no known cure other than a LOT of money!

Good luck on the build. Subscribed.

14. hershambob

hershambob

so were they unique to argentina as they dont have the shape at the back of the cab that an american pickup has,bob

15. Was not so bad, but I preferred to spend time on a new chassis and repair the original may be used for a rat .. (second draft)

16. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

that was a fordor or tudor at one point in time, the back section of the cab is definently from a sedan. I know because I have one myself (a 31 fordor cut down into a pickup). The model A had a different reveal (bodyline) across the back of the cab. In the picture you posted you can even see the rear wheelwell of the sedan. So either someone cut down a sedan (tudor or fordor) into a pickup (which was pretty common) or someone put a sedan back on a pickup cab.

this is what a stock pick up cab looks like
    [​IMG]

17. seatex

seatex

That's gonna turn some heads down there, glad you and your Buddies are enjoying the build. "Hoodlums Worldwide", well put, Ryan!

18. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

you do some nice work should be cool ride

19. Almost all the bodies of trucks in Argentina (model A) were originally car bodies ...
    People modified the cars by cutting the body and apply a wood or steel bed, because they needed to work...
    There´s may be another reason, I don't know if is true or false, a time that´s in Argentina for the economy situation, the state only could sell gasoline to the utility vehicles...reason to cut the car bodies... and now reason to cry for this roadsters bodies....

20. Clearly not a pick up, I was convinced that if, thank you very much for the information! I also creates obstacles to continue and hit the road!

Regards, Lea.

21. anteek

anteek

I noticed the later front axle with hydraulic brakes. Could you post a picture of the rear backing plates? It looks like the wheel cylinder is at the back. Also didn't know you drive on the left.

22. 1931av8

1931av8

Actually, it may work to your advantage. Those extra inches of room provided by the sedan back will make a lot of difference if you chop the top or channel the body. Those cabs are very cramped! I am 6 feet tall and barely fit in my truck (2.5" chop, 4.5" channel).

Best of luck with this project!

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

No problem, I only asked because I've got one myself. I knew it when I bought it though and here in Canada made some obstacles to get the ownership transfered in my name as they wanted to register it (and so did I) as a pickup truck. I didnt mean to point it out to be an asshole, just so that you know what you have and that if you end up looking for patch panels, wood kits etc, that you get the proper pieces you need. I am very interested in your project as Im about to start mine soon. Dont be disappointed that it started life as a sedan, done right most people wont be able to tell the differences. Good luck with the project, I'll be watching this one...cheers.

on a side note, whoever cut it down did a way better job than mine. Mine was cut down with a bayonet and a hammer and riveted together when I bought it.

24. Hello friends after what happened and continuing with the work I report the progress I have made.

I was missing a front axle with extreme depression to gain the necessary height as the original front makes me very high (like a Gasser), so I proceeded to conduct an intensive search and have acquired an axis of Chevrolet 1930 to install on this day (the weekend reported the corresponding progress)

The current
    [​IMG]

The corresponding
    [​IMG]

On the other hand, I have acquired some components for the assembly of the motor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. sololobo

sololobo

Sweet truck amigo, you guys are going to town with the build, love it. Keep us posted on progress. Take care. ~sololobo~

26. Hello I must remark that I got a 1929 Chevrolet shaft, fits perfect! Place the chassis on the floor to take the measure of clearances!

I leave pictures of progress:

The shaft in question

[​IMG]

Axis presented

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Placed back Tensioners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Panhard Bar Bracket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings and thanks for everything!

Lea.

27. More advances !!.... I finally finished the cushions! now you can stop soportería the same! other hand got a master cylinder Honda Prelude 1 ", and with respect to the chassis ... is closing (seam) around the perimeter, I leave the pictures related:

310mm front shock absorbers and bushings elastomer:
    [​IMG]

350mm rear shock bushings, elastomeric, aluminum nuts and soft spiral:[​IMG]

Brake Pump 1 "will be installed with the coupling and external reservoir:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closing chassis:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<OBJECT id=tts_flash codeBase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 width=18 height=18>

</OBJECT>
    Greetings and thank you all for your support!

Lea.

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man thats one sturdy frame! What are your plans for the engine?