Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects English Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacksmith54, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Blacksmith54

Blacksmith54
    from Phoenix AZ

I have made a couple of English Wheels before but most had something I did not like about them. so this one I made mostly to use around small stuff and I planed it to be used for mostly things like motorcycle gas tanks and patch panels as the throat is only about a foot to the back of the frame. I used 3 x 3 x .250 for the frame and 2 and a half inch pipe legs the slider stuff is receiver hitch tubing and a piece of inch and a half eight threaded rod stock I have laying around and a nut the foot wheel needs the foot handles added yet but I have used it and a quarter turn past touching and it works nice. With the wheels being mounted so they can be turned 90 degrees longer pieces can be worked sideways. About the only thing left is to put on the foot pegs and paint it I have a bunch of red but I am partial to Med Blue, but most of my equipment I have painted over the years is a light blue gray machinery paint kind of like the gray on a Bridgeport mill.

Attached Files:

2. Blacksmith54

Blacksmith54
    from Phoenix AZ

Well red won the day because I did not have to go get the paint as I already had it and it was free when I got it:cool:

Attached Files: