Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Deuce on Emergency?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrGasser, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Saw an episode of Emergency yesterday where Gage & DeSoto respond to a call at a garage where a tire blew up while the kid was trying to inflate it...on the rack in the background is a familiar yellow '32 5-window...

...you can only see the roof section, trunk lid area, grille & headlights, and the radiator support rods running up to the firewall...I know Universal also used the Two Lane Blacktop, (American Graffiti), '55 in an episode of Adam-12...

Was the '32 still in Universal's possesion then? Do any of you American Graffiti experts know if it's Milner's car?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Quickly fellow movie Nerds, to your computers! We must know!:D seriuosly though, someone needs to post it if found:)

3. chevnut55

chevnut55
    from ma.

i saw what claimed to be the real duece at a show in n.h. this summer,milner was there signing autographs. but checking the car out it did not look like the real movie car..if it was it to bad the did not keep it the same as it was in the movie.

4. beauishere

beauishere

It was the Graffitti Coupe. Universal still had it then. Wasn't sold until after More American Graffiti.

5. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i got my tudor from the guy that owns one of the 2 emergency trucks, the other is in the l.a. fire museum, interesting useless fact.....

6. I am looking at a picture with a club member leaning on the grafiiti coupe @ roy brizio's shop in 2000. roy told us it was the original.

7. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

What was the episode?

8. Muttley

Muttley

There was a screen shot posted on the HAMB a while back.

9. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Mike, I've been serching EMERGENCY forums looking for the name of the episode or what season...no luck yet...it's the one where they throw a retirement party for a captain that no one likes

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I heard that right after they made American Graffiti, the coupe was put into the L.A. classified ads for $1800. After the movie was released, the ad was pulled.

11. VespaJay

VespaJay

12. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Didn't the Coupe go to UK.?

13. The movie coupe is owned by a guy called Rick Figari in San Francisco. He owns a bar, and a clone of the '55 also.

14. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

From the link above, it was from 1976, season 6, episode 8, "Captain Hook"

With that information you can go to hulu.com and watch the episode online.

15. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Couldn't have been the American Graffiti DUECE, but it could have been the American Graffiti DEUCE.

16. was the grill that much shorter than the cowl............... i don't think so...

17. HaHa............you guys watch Emergency,

18. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Hell yeah, and the fire station they used for the show is about 2 blocks from my house......:)

19. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Way to go guys....

It only took 5 hours for you guys to find that tidbit of useless information !

I'm so proud.

20. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

YES! The grille was that much shorter than the cowl.

21. ScottV

ScottV

kmg 365

22. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

One of the mysteries of the universe... Where is Milners coupe? I saw Elvis driving it down I-70 last spring...

23. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

LOVE trivia like this!!

24. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

where is that fire station located?

25. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

It's a real fire station...it's actually Station 127, located at 2048 East 223rd St., in Carson...

26. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Sure enough, there it is. :) I don't remember the buildings on either side of the station, I suppose they could have been built later. I'll have to go back and watch an episode now to compare.

[Google Maps and Bing Maps can be fun when watching old TV shows. I was watching an old episode of the original Hawaii 5-0 a while back, and noticed a street sign in the background of one scene...I was able to find a current photo of the location with an online map, and it was interesting to see what was still there and what had changed over the years.]

Attached Files:

27. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

My dad was a young Fireman when that show came on so you KNOW we watched EVERY episode! Was just like all the guys my dad hung out with. My dad's station in Redondo Beach was only a few miles from the Emergency station in Carson. Was especially like real life when they got the old Fire engine and fixed it up as my dad had 4 old pre-WWI fire engines too. He has one of the largest private collections of Fire Memorabilia in the U.S.

This was my first day of school in 1973- I'm on the right- Dad driving. Still has the firetrucks. He's a retired Fire Chief.

Attached Files:

28. henry29

henry29

Obviously you never saw the movie....

29. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

hah! thats great! im gonna drive by next time im around there. i get to work in some fire stations (on the rooftop antennas) and every time i walk thru i say "station 51 kmg 365"

30. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"This was my first day of school in 1973- I'm on the right- Dad driving."

Are you saying your dad actually took you to school on your first day in that?! Man...how cool is that! What a way to set you up with all kindsa new friends right off the bat.

I think we got dropped off in an old '58 Chevy 4-door, with bullit holes in the rear floor. I guess that's kinda cool too...now.