Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Midway Auto Salvage (Junk Yard Gold! Everything is for sale) Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteFromTexas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

(This is not a for sale add. I have no affiliation with this yard. I'm just passing on the find to those in the North Texas area who would like to help me save some of these old cars from the goverMENTAL bureaucracy)

We went over to Midlothian Texas today and took a walk through Midway Auto Salvage. I have been going to this yard since I was very young. TONS of great stuff and they have respect for the old stuff. Some really great cars and nice people.

The owner Tom us some very disturbing news. The EPA is on his back and he needs to do some house cleaning this week. These cars need to go. I would hate to see them be forgotten about or worse crushed. Lots of 40's and 50's stuff. Awesome custom material and some great cruisers in there.

Here is the info.

Midway Auto Salvage
    3814 E Main St
    Midlothian, TX 76065

It's located off HWY 287 between Midlothian and Waxahatche. About 30 minutes south of Dallas.

Have fun digging!!!

(Lots of pics. It's going to take some time)

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

3. missysdad1

missysdad1

I was there a couple of months ago. There's a hundred or so nice "builders" in one area, plus several hundred parts cars of elder vintage scattered in the back part of the yard.

I hope he has been "allowed" to promote the sale of these cars and not forced to remove them immediately. I hate the EPA. Those cars are doing nobody any harm, the yard is well run and is totally invisible from the highway.

Welcome to Amerika.

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I just want one

5. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

6. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

8. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

9. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

10. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

11. I want one, or two, or 3...

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

13. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

14. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Thats it. I just posted them all. I know I like to look in the background and see what I find. Lets save some of these great pieces of history...

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

UH,OH! The crusher is already there in the background.
    [​IMG]

16. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

HAHA yeah. They have a crusher. Really only the newer stuff gets crushed.

17. belair

belair

Somebody rescue me a good 46-48 chevy grille!!!

18. belair

belair

Hey Kid-do have their phone number?

19. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

What's funny is some of the cars that say, No Parts, have quite a lot of parts missing. Go figure!

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thats crazy

21. Holy cow man...I see a bunch of parts I want.

22. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Most of the cars with no parts written on them mean they are being sold as a whole. No parting out. Kinda funny though...

23. Fucking bullshit..... These cars have not polluted one bit in YEARS...... Fucking piss-ant yuppies probably bitching about them...... EPA is worthless AND CLUELESS..... There is THOUSANDS of dollars of IRREPLACEABLE glass in that yard..... I love just SEEING the obscure models that you rarely see..... I wish I was closer, there is some cherry tin in there by midwest standards! I hope somebody saves some of it. What a shame.....

James

24. bigs merc

bigs merc

hard to believe that every one of those cars was new at one point in time.

25. I would love to have a chance at some of those projects waiting to happen. I could definitely go for a stab at that '54 Caddi

26. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I did pick up this little gem today. It's a Stewart Warner heater that is believe is from the 40's. It's almost perfect and still works!!

Never know what you will find when climbing around in the back of an old milk truck!!

[​IMG]

27. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

man thats some solid stuff! what a shame, you guys dont know how well you got it down there, You gotta see the yards I go to. everything so far rotted its hard to believe those things were solid cars at one point

28. Man I should drive a car from this yard to NJ everytime I visit my family. You guys would pay a fortune :D

29. dam - there goes my fishing hole!!! XWELDER - this is the place I mentioned having the 53-54 mopars...and yes I've bought some cars from Tom in the past - he doesn't work the yard - Richard works the week days and some of the crew trade off on Saturdays. Tom runs crushers all around Texas and brings what's left of the good old stuff back to his yard - that's where you get some cars missing parts....yes he's cleaning up - but most of the old stuff will stay - UNTIL YOU BRING SOME BIG BUCKS TO BUY EM!.....so stop crying....and hitch up the trailer....have worn myself out telling people about this place...hell - I can't save them all....happy fishing...

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like there are a lot of interesting projects there if guys are willing to pay the price.

One advantage of buying out of a yard like that is that you should get paperwork to go along with the car that will help expedite getting a title for it.