Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New England Dragway - Nostalgia Drags - Cam Snappers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by n1gzd, Sep 27, 2010.

1. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

thanks rebecca! nice pics as usual.

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's about time you posted these, Rebecca....I've been waiting all morning!! :D

Thanks for sharing them all, by the way.

It started off as t-shirt weather up there yesterday, then went down hill from there...It was still a great day!

4. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

they were actually up last night but I did not post on the HAMB until this morning. ;)
    Rebecca

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nice job as usual!! :cool:

6. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Looks like it was a helluva turnout.
    Great Pics, thanks Rebecca.

7. Don't you work??

8. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Great pictures - thank you for sharing.

9. It was good talking to ya girl.................Nice pictures.

10. hoop

hoop

Great pictures Rebecca Thank you

11. Thanks for the post Rebecca;almost feels like I was there.Saw a couple of familiar faces and was glad to see Jere Sheehan's car is still out and about.For those of you who are not familiar with it,it is the red 34 Roadster that Jere started in 1952.He was one of the foundin members of the New England Hot Rod Council;an organization that was instrumental in getting drag racing legitimized in New England in the early 50's.Also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.
    Also noticed Gil Corrain in one of the pics.Gil is a part owner of New England Dragway and an old friend.Striped his 32 Vicky which I believe he still owns about a gazillion years ago.Met him around 1959 when him,Frankie Manos,Paul Protz,and John Silva shared a garage in Salem.

12. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

hey, safariknut, thanks for the cool background info.
    Rebecca

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Excellent pics, thank you!

14. 1929rats

1929rats

It was a great day of racing...only bad part was I only made three runs, then the rain came....I broke out of my index, so it was time to leave anyway....

15. 51box

51box
    from MA

Ya we only got three runs in also, waited out the drizzle for about an hour then packed it up. Great pics.

16. Church Key

Church Key

Rebecca, Thanks for the photos from last Sunday, and the coverage of all the races and shows you provide us HAMB members through out the year. What a spectacular racing season 2010 was. With four nostalgia races at New England Dragway and four at Winterport Dragway...There are more and more pupose built cars being built. There were at least eight blown front engine dragster and altereds there last weekend. One of the dragsters ran a blown 409, it doesn't get much cooler than that. Plus a lot of hot rods that would normally be in the show and shine are out there racing! Two thousand and eleven is looking even better...I am hearing stories of a twin engine Chrysler dragster being built in Sudbury...A full chute pack blown dragster from Warren RI, and several old racecar be restored. There will be more to report as the building season gets underway as the colder months are coming.