Register now to get rid of these ads!

Unreal Found Another Willys! A 36 Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Solospeedshop, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Guys!
    I'm not making this up! I was going to a poker game & had to be there 6:00 sharp I was running late I have 5 mins & place is 3 blocks from my house! I have lived in my house since 1981 & have been down every street there is! Remember we always use the same streets after awhile! Shit! Guy blocking street damm! I cut down one of those small side streets to get through & wholy Shit a 35-36 Willys PU 2 blocks from my house! I note where its at & get to the game! Next day I go back & wow it is a 36 & looks to have been sitting for a long time & rod iron fence & gate & its back up in the driveway where you can barley see it but i'm sure its a Willys! Nobody around place locked up like a prison! Remember 2 blocks from home so I ckd it out 4 times in one day nobody home! I went back next day again 4 times & nobody home. Today after work I get my camera & at least can take some pics & show what I found & probably will never be for sale but pics are better than nothing! I pull up & wow a Honda way back in yard with door open & set of girls legs sticking out of door! Hello! Hello Hello! Hello! WHAT What do you want? Shes on the cell phone & not happy being bothered! Hi! Can I take some pics of the old truck? KEN KEN KEN get out here someone about your truck! Guy comes out walking toward me. Hi thats a neat old truck & I pulled up in my 37 Chevy PU tons of patina & pointed at it & said I just like old trucks & want to take a picture of yours if that would be okay! He keeps walking & never says a word! Finally gets to me & says WHAT What do you want? Well I start all over & he says louder I cant hear lost my hearing from war Helicopter pilot! I ask same question again & he says sure come on in! He eyes my 37 & says I like that! I have had this truck since 1960 & its been built a many a times! I dragged it for a while & then just street use & liked differet stuff so I made it a RH drive just to be different! He said it came out of UTAH was a general store delivery truck! Still has writing & a phone number 520R! I keep clicking pics & hand him a Solo Speed Shop card & say thanks for the time & keep the card if you ever decide to sell it call me I just dig old trucks! He says call? I want to sell it right now! I need the $ He told me his price & said I know it's no where worth that so make me a offer! I cut his price in half & he said when? I said 20 minutes I'll go get my truck $ & trailer! He said deal! I go get my truck & trailer & pull up & neighbor comes out & says what RU doing? guy says I sold my Willys he says wow u said never for sale! Another guy pulls up on bicycle & says you getting rid of my drag car? I want it! two guys in trucks slow down & say u selling it? Sold! I got out of there just so the guy didn't have to explain! Heres some pics thanks for looking! Bill

Attached Files:

2. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Hell yeah nice score!!

3. 61TBird

61TBird

You are now the MOST Hated Guy on the HAMB...:D

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if someone ever offered me a real price I would accept for an unadvertised car and said they'd be back in 20 minutes with a truck and trailer I would drop dead on the spot. you would have to get it from my family after I was gone... prolly for a discount since no one knows what all my junk is worth but me.

5. motion guru

motion guru
    from yacolt, wa

coil springs in front? Not used to seeing the steering column torched through the hood. . . Neat looking truck!

6. henry29

henry29

Cool Truck. What engine's in it?

7. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guy said he just wanted to be different & made it from LH to RH Go Figure!

8. nice score !

9. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bronco frame set up for 289 no motor! Tks!

10. AF/X

AF/X

nice find! looks awesome!!!
    i love when stuff like that happens.
    how are you going to fix it up? just leave it and put a motor in it sounds good to me?
    thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

11. 2tondave

2tondave
    from Seattle WA

12. fat57

fat57

Man that is so neat .....cool find

13. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

great find cant wait to see progress on it

14. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

What a fantastic story! seems like old willy's are popping up a lot lately
    Good luck with her
    FRITZ

15. Yeah, and they're all solospeedshops'!!!!!!

16. deto

deto

i hate you

17. Jeeze, the closest we've come to that lately is a trailer that seems to be made out of the back half of the frame of one, with a front axle, wheels and hubcaps on it.

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

You lucky $@&*!#%......:D Nice find.

19. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

Good score for sure!

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Way to go---something like that would never happen to me.

21. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

geez louise, looks like you got the willy's mo-jo working for ya, good luck and keep it rolling! one more and you'll have the trifecta.

22. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Great story, and congrats on a cool find! I'd punch a couple of holes in that radiator cover though to make sure she don't overheat. :D

23. Weasel

Weasel

Great score. There still out there. A buddy of mine picked up a complete original '35 Willys chassis with engine trans etc with a cut down Sedan body at the Big 3 swap meet in San Diego this year for $200!! He's making an all steel truck out of it. I hated him, but I may hate you more....;)

24. RAY With

RAY With

This is the second Willys find in the last few days on the hamb--damn the luck I have been looking for 10 years and cant find nothing hid out! Good luck on the build.

25. Nice find, keep us posted on your progress.

26. Cool story! make something nice outta her...

27. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I wanna see the picture of the girl's legs sticking out of the Honda.:(

28. You really need to go back to the street where the guy was blocking your regular route and buy him a beer!:D HRP

29. soooo didja ask about all the other stuff he had for the car.. and where its all stored .. now that he dint need it cuz the ol wreck is gone :)