Register now to get rid of these ads!

PROGRESS UPDATE: Lowering my '53 Olds notch done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53choptop, Jul 21, 2010.

1. 53choptop

53choptop

About a month ago I decided to step notch the rear of my car. Here is the jist of that.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475665

Well after several grueling weekends I finished the notch on the car. I pretty much followed fellow member Eryk's link, hell the car is basically the same so no need to reinvent the wheel.

Here are a few pics, I didn't take as many as I should have, but I think Eryk's thread does a much better job documenting the steps I followed. Unfortunately my work is not as purdy as what Eryk and his guy did on his car, but its strong and functional.

BTW to the onlooker, the difference before the car was notched and after is not too noticeable, they look pretty much the same. But the ride improved dramatically.

Attached Files:

2. 53choptop

53choptop

wow, just 4 pictures, thats pretty lame, but a few details, i flattened out the springs and ended up using airshocks and reused the swaybar brace and swaybar. bags will come later,,, later, later.

i still need to finish the details, i need to cover the new reinforcement "box" in the trunk, and paint everything. It was alot of work, but worth it.

Attached Files: