Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beech Bend (Bowling Green, KY) Under Water!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, May 3, 2010.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son-in-law just sent me these pics of the Beech Bend race track in Bowling Green, KY. The flooding's been massive in Kentucky & Tennessee. Pray for the people there...................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG:eek:
    Only about 6 weeks till the BIG HRR there. My heart goes out to the track. Looks like there might be some damage to some buildings and scoreboards. Hope they can get everything cleaned up in time.

3. bigolds

bigolds

Holy Shit!!!!! I hope no one was injured during that!!!! And I hope that they can get cleaned up for the race season!!! We are planning to go there for the Hot Rod Reunion!!!!!

4. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

There was supposed to be a NMCA event there this past weekend. They cancelled the event based on the forecast. It is a good thing they did.

I REALLY hope that there was no major permanent damage to the facility. I love going to the Hot Rod Reunion and Nostalgia Nationals there.

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

just heard that water is in L.P. field,in nashville.g.g.s there in a couple weeks.car shows can be re scheldued.lets hope the best for all the folks in all the areas

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  6. Deuces

Deuces

Man, that sucks!

7. Man.....that is deep ! Might take awhile to get back in shape.

8. TRuss

TRuss

I agree. There are for more important structures that far more people depend on that are being destroyed. Most importantly are the people that may be in danger. I wish everyone the best who are just above me.

9. oj

oj

Man-o-man, i sure hope those wooden bleachers don't get ruined. What a mess.

10. Holy Crap! There was suppose to be an Outlaw Diesel event there this weekend...... me thinks they are going to need snorkels on the trucks....... I am glad I did not take off work this week to go down.

11. bigolds

bigolds

Isn't the amusement park that is on the grounds there at a little lower elevation???? It's probably in worse shape....I hope the owners can recover from this one!!!!!

12. If you've raced there, then you know the water is super high, check out this pic, crazy!

[​IMG]

13. PacemakerMRP

PacemakerMRP
    from Ohio

Man that looks bad! What will it do to the track? The Hot Rod reunion is in only 7 weeks.

14. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I could be a wise ass and say drag boats. But I have been thar and thats a grate track. Will thar be any real damage to the track or those grate covered bleachers? I know the bleachers on the left side are cast iron. So thy should stand up the stares and walk ways are wood will thy be hurt man I hope not it's one of the nicest tracks in the world.

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

That is some deep water under the crossover walk way, I'm thinking 10 to 12 feet. You know there will lots of damage to all parts of the race track and buildings, truly sad for such a cool place to race. I'm guessing 16 feet deep at the big end. Such a shame.

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I hope it dries out asap without a lot of damage to the sensitive gear. It's a GREAT track. Gary

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My s-i-l also said they lost a large quantity of electronics in the flood.

18. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

more pics

Attached Files:

19. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

no..i'm pretty sure it's up on a hill...much higher ground.

20. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Man, that is a lot of water. Prayers for everyone affected by this disaster.... God bless you and help you all recover.

SpeedAddict001

21. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Man, I am absolutely shocked by these photos. I thought maybe just the pits were flooded but it's obviously everywhere and VERY deep. I'm heartbroken because I've spent so much time there over the past several years and can barely recognize the place. I think it's probably safe to say that there will be no NHRA Hot Rod Reunion there this year with the event being next month. We went through this in St. Louis back in '93 and it permanently closed one of our best drag strips in Pevely, MO. My hope is that the track recovers for NEXT year and survives this catastrophe.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that is too bad. Hope the clean up goes well.

That is good planning and placement of a facility like this. Good use of low land and minimal chance that anybody would be injured or displaced. But this is the result of a major flood event

23. rat seeker

rat seeker

I cannot believe that. Its got a little over a month to dry out.

24. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

that is so bad....hey they can run drag boats.

25. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

I believe that Organgrinder is correct about the amusement park being on higher ground. My family used to go there every year on vacation. It used to be a great place but I haven't been in 30 years. As a kid I could ride the amusement rides all day and then go to the races after and never leave the place. I got to see Shirley Muldowny and Don Garlits there. Do they still have the figure 8 track?

26. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

that is unreal!!! the power of mother nature

27. I thought last year was bad, but this is 10x the damage. I sure hope they can pull it together.

28. Tank

Tank

Man, that stinks! The Hot Rod Reunion is one of my favorite shows of the season. What a bummer!

29. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

As mentioned above, I thought last year was bad as we had to wait hours to get into the park with the tailer and drag car due to the flooding, however; nothing like this......

30. 231ramona

231ramona

It's deep for sure, but I expect it to be ready for the Hot Rod Reunion. It was sunny and in the 80s today and if it doesn't rain more it will drain out pretty fast. I plan to be there Fathers Day weekend! In hip-boots if necessary.