Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>GNRS 2010: Jeffrey James EDITION<<< (Or the A$$ to Mouth Chronicles)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Feb 4, 2010.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

So again I am late uploading these things and since I was suffering from a wicked head ache all Saturday I noticed that most of my images looked pretty bad as there were just a hair out of focus. So in turn I decided that I needed take the time and photoshop as many of the "do not touch" lines that disect many a image.

Flew out Thursday after at around 10 am and as usual had a great time. The layover in Memphis proved to be another great experience as there was a Mexican Lady enjoying her NEXTEL at full volume yapping on and on about god knows what. Entertaining to see everyone gawk at her like she had three heads and I even took some video because I wanted to remember that women down the road. Funny thing about Memphis is that every time I go something interesting is bound to come up. Last time I flew out for this show there was a gentlemen hacking up a loogie that was the size of a premature infant for about 45 minutes. Loved that one!!!

Anyways I got into Long Beach at about 6pm and caught some dinner early enough that we could get a good nights sleep.

Woke up Friday and was picked up by fellow NC Hamb member and friend KRUSTY40 aka Vic. We had big plans to hit the Peterson Museum and Old Crow as well as Bob's Broiler.

Hit the Peterson....Awesome!!!! It was the first time I seen the Doane Spencer roadster and I have to say, I can't believe that thing was built that way so long ago. Way ahead of it's time!!!

Then Old Crow Speedshop.....even better!!! Bobby and Lucky are two of the nicest dudes ever and have a dream shop to work in. The amount of cool shit located in that building is enough for 3 lifetimes. I loved going around and looking at all the cool stuff and the '32 they are working on is very inspirational seeing where it came from and where it is now. Definitely a high light of the trip. Thanks dudes for letting us come by and shoot the shit!

Bob's Broiler was upsetting. But only because I wish North Carolina has something as cool as that place where cars can meet up and get some good food once a week. We have a lame ice cream franchise that's cleared out before it gets dark. I loved that place and they did a great job rebuilding and reopening.

ScooterMcRad picked me up on Saturday at 6:14am and we headed over to his place to scoop up his girl Holly and the infamous Brandy. After we got them it was off to the Anti Donut breakfast where we got some grub. No ones was there when we got there but it soon filled up with some really cool cars. Once happen to be a baby full fendered '32 that was featured in TRJ a couple issues back. This dude was extremely nice and drives that car everywhere!!!

Off to the show and here is some of the 700 pics that I took that day. If you have never been to this show you should really get your ass to Pomona next year and bare witness to the awesomeness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I caught the man doing his thing....
    [​IMG]

Who you say????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forgot to get that line out of this one...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ian's masterpiece Good Dude...great hugger!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in awe when I finally got to see this one and the Navarro Roadster...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scooter is in love with this thing and for good reason. It soooo cool.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And by far the most awesome thing that we seen that weekend was Piero's (EVEL) awesome truck with a flip top moon roof on the hood so we can see the Edelbrock 650!!!
    (Note: not really Evel's but it's his style and I know he would love it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I met so many great people this past weekend and got to same some familiar faces. Thanks to all especially Scootermcrad and his girl for scooping me up and showing me a great time as well as KRUSTY40 for hangin out with me and carting my ass around. Also thanks to Brandy for putting up with those barking dogs and my Ass to Mouth comments.

I enjoyed the whole weekend thoroughly and I'm definitely going to try to make it next year.

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, NICE pictures and a NICE thread title!:D:D:D:D;)

Nick.

8. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

9. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I love your pics. You are an artist! Can't wait for the rest!

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Jeffrey, Great shots and whatever you did with them in photoshop, the colors are very cool, Thanks alot for sharing. Slim

12. im so glad to see jamie johnsons car out at the GNRS, always nice to see a alburquerque local in the show. if any of you hambers are ever in alburquerque stop by hot rod haven, jamie and his father are really nice guys, and love all types of hot rods and street rods.

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Nice pics JJ, thanks. But what's up with the secret code #'s?

14. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I think it means more pics are on the way. :D

15. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

awesome pics man , thanks !

16. Thanks for the pics.

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very nice photos! Scooter is dreamy...

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks guys. I figured since I screwed up a lot of the focus on them I would bump up saturation levels and contrast to set my own apart. I am a novice with a camera at best. I really need to learn a lot more but I picked up a new lense that was recommended by rough stock here on the hamb. I am going to keep working with it and see if I can get some stuff to look good in low light.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I didn't but the woman on the plane that sat next to us was pretty sure. She said she could hear in the dialect and that she had seen it lot and that it was not uncommon. Sorry if that seemed direct or assuming. I just was trying to be descriptive.

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

AAAAHAHAHAHAhahaha! I just choked on my hot coffee! Looks like he's about to use that camera as a deadly weapon! Nice pics dude, looks like a blast!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just wake up Andy????

As for Scooter he really does wield that thing like a barbarian's broad sword as if he were a figurine in the game dragon quest. Now my inner geekdom is really coming out!!!

Thanks dude!

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Very nice pics!

Thanks for taking the time to post them.

That pic of Scooter looks like you busted open the shitter door on him.... LMAO!!!

23. Nice meeting you Saturday....I spied Brandy in one of those photos.....

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Rad Pix Dude...

I wish I had that that truck its much better than the shit box Ford Ranger I drive hahaha
    At least that can tow Live Wire.. And I bet the AC works...

Jerk Off..

:D

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice meeting you too!

I know I just seen that. She'll probably have a moderator delete it so right click and save save save!!!!

26. oz40

oz40

Thanks JJ
    Just what the doctor ordered for me....hot rod overdose:D

27. in the words of the great dante hick "you never go ASS TO MOUTH Randal" lol

28. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

We're ALL slightly out of focus man....nice save...they're different from all the rest so that's cool...thanks for all the work and the time to post......

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And Livewire would be with you in Cali if you could tow it with that truck.

Perhaps not this Roundup but maybe next you and I are going to suit up in those blow up Sumo costumes and have a goo at it hahahah!!!! I will not bring my spider web and Iron Cross festooned ninja stars that I had a local southerner make last summer. It will be heads up Rat Rodder vs. Ratt Rodder a fight to the death to see who take the title...

HAMB's Imperial Champion of Rat Rods!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

30. hvychvy

hvychvy

Cool pics,Thanks!!