Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928/29 ford cowl difference??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodderbilly, Jan 27, 2010.

1. hi all,,i'm planning to leave the cowl posts in my coupester and put the roadster cowl posts,,can you tell me something about measure difference from coupe to roadster cowls??i chek here in hamb but don't try someone who make this,,thanks

2. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

3. my car was a sportcoupe and now is changed to roadster style,,,i like the roadster cowl posts but don't know if they have same dimensions of coupe cowl posts....

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

won't work without alot of modification... body lines are all different

the coupe is taller

also hinges are completely different

5. alchemy

alchemy

Well, the front cowl sides and gas tank are interchangeable from coupe to roadster, but everything else is a different measurement. The roadster is narrower, shorter, thinner, and has different beads on the sides. You could bolt a roadster cowl band (the official name of that part) to your cowl sides, but the coupe doors will be way off.

You may be best just cutting down the coupe windshield posts to fit some roadster posts on there. You will probably need to modify a roadster windshield frame to work as well (maybe widen it?).