Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon Six Flyer HA/GR build

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by robt500, Jan 25, 2010.

1. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

These HA/GR cars look like a lot of fun and I want in on it! I printed a copy of the rules to post in my garage and joined the Alliance to help get my build off the ground. Plans include a rectangular tube frame, 120ish" wheelbase, solid mounted 1965 Ford 8" rear, 1965 Ford toploader 3 speed and a 200cid Falcon Six in a mid-engine setup with triple Autolite 1 barrel induction. I've included a few pics...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Welcome to the group! You'll have a great time, Rocky

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looks like a great start...get the engine on the floor and get a lawn chair for some proper start up pictures...don't forget the grin becomes permanent. :D

5. ThingyM

ThingyM

OH YEA.!! You are going to have FUN.. Get'r built.......

6. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Will we see another little ford six at Eagle Field, Tulsa, or Mokan? good luck

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  7. ScottV

ScottV

Don't forget I plan to run a 144 stroker as well :)

8. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

You will have a blast !! It's the most fun I ever had drag racing . Good Luck !

9. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. This isn't going to be a 'two week' build;) by any means... I'm in Kentucky and would like to make Mokan at some point when this is together because I consider the HAMB drags to be the big one. But Eagle Field and Tulsa are much less likely. I'd like to run it at Bowling Green.

My falcon six choice was a natural. I've seen a few of the guys have put them to use before me but the two complete engines I have strapped to a pallet have been there since 2003. Where does the time go?

I've got a Brunswick chair (from a bowling alley?) and I'm trying to get a small pedal assembly (any ideas, from a late-model salvage yard?) so I can start a cockpit mock-up and see how tight I can squeeze in:D. I'm 6'1''. Still, working to get some key pieces together for measurements.

10. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

for inspiration I nabbed a couple of pics from K-88 ghost here on the HAMB. Hope he doesn't mind. Some 50's dragsters from his profile albums. I like the solid mounted front axle on the Scotty Fenn chassis. I haven't decided what to do for a front end on my HA/GR, yet. hmm...

11. Keep us posted on your progress as I'm planning a like car. Here is what I'm starting with. I want to go with the 200 or even a 250 if that will fit the class

Attached Files: