Register now to get rid of these ads!

Death of a Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crash 51, Oct 7, 2009.

1. crash 51

crash 51
    from FTW,TEXAS

car wrecked.jpg Many of you know this car. I have built it twice. Each time being better. Well, it looks like I get a thrird time around. I was shuffling cars in the driveway saturday after work and parked it in the street for about three hours and a drunk driver hit it. Guess what, no insurance... I at least have uninsured/underinsured motorist. I did all the work myself and never wanted to "really" know how much money was wrapped up in the car. Now I wish I had an appraisal or better coverage on my car. I never really thought this could happen to me. Get your cars appraised or spend the extra for full coverage!!! It is worth it when you need it most!

2. Damn, that sucks. A lot.

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

holy shit that sucks man. You're a big man to not have beat him to death.. I'm sorry dude.

4. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

5. russ1403

russ1403

:(:(:(:(:( sorry to see that.....

6. elricho

elricho

Man that hurts-hay-at least you weren't in it!!!!

7. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Gawd.... That hurts. What did the other car look like?

8. Yeah, it would have been hard to not lay a major beating down. That was a beautiful car, I hope you can make the most out of it.

9. badnews 31

badnews 31

i feel for you man :(:(

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can you still form a possy legally in the US?
    That is so fucked man, our words cant make it better.... wish they could
    Just dont give up man, fix it.
    Doc.

11. oz40

oz40

Yeah, that really sucks.
    Unfortunately you can never get refunded on all the hours you worked on the car.
    Best of luck for the NEW rebuild
    oz40

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

SHIT!!!!

does the drunken asshole have any money ???

can you not sue him???

13. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

the other sad thing is now your ins.will go up because of him being stupid!!!dont let your ins. co rip you off.they will try to lowball you with some bullshit est.dont settle for anything less than what it will cost you plus a bunch for your time and inconvenice.hope you are able to get it back on the road soon.good luck!!

14. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Good advice...

15. oh man! there is a bright side , he hit your car instead of some kid! but if at all possible i would have warped the fuckers head before the popo showed up..
    you can fix the car and no one was hurt!

16. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Shit,that's heartbreaking.I'll bet that fucker wasn't injured either.Just not right.

17. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

had the same thing happen to me last year, except i was in mine. fuckin drunks suck!!! my drunk had no insurance either. and i also had minimal coverage. but was able to get it appraised after the accident by an appraiser who knew my truck. and also a good lawyer who was able to settle the case for the full value of the truck. its gonna take years to get payed off, but at least im not gettin totally screwed. at least yours is repairable. mine was destroyed! do a search for "almost shook the hand of doom" you'll feel a little better about your wreck after you see the remains of mine. hope things work out for you.

18. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Sure hate to see that happen. I'm sure you find yourself hoping you can wake up from a bad dream, but it's still there. Want to thank you too as I'm going to review and upgrade the insurance on mine. Best of luck on your rebuild to come back with yet something better than ever................

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yea lawer is the word, i'm not one of these people who wants to sue for every little thing, but this is an exception!! sue the drunk son of a bitch for every thing he has. No reason to drive drunk!! no reason at all. If someone is gonna get drunk, they can leave the car at home and get a ride, if they can't don't drink!! Sorry for the rant, but drunks piss me the f..k off, one of my friends was killed by a drunk driver, and when he got arrested he got pissed at the cops because they wouldnt let him go home.

20. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

frame damage? is the damage beyond the firewall?

darn sad to see, was an real nice car.. and can be again!!!!!

21. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

i hope the drunk driver gets what he deserves.....
    sorry man.

22. boldventure

boldventure

Anybody in the Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Benito and Monterey county area that wants to take the appraisal step towards PROTECTING their cars click any of the links in my signature and we should talk.

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, from here it doesn't look like there is a lot of frame damage but you still need to have that checked out before settling with the insurance co.
    You may not know all of the damage until you get the front clip off but it does look fixable with a new nose.

She looks down but not out. And she can come back even better next time.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. boldventure

boldventure

By the way, you can still file a Prior to Loss claim if this wasn't your fault and at least recover some of the $. There is a AAN rep in the Huston area. check the website and contact him. He may go up to DfW sometimes he can help you. There is a DYI way to get an appraisal as well, contact the Irvine office to see if it is applicable in your case.

25. Rusty

Rusty

Damn Bud, That totally Sucks, I think I would look at moving, next thing that gets hit will be your kid

Rusty

26. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Man this sucks, just be glad you or your faimly was'nt in the car..... I think the drunk would of had a couple of unexplaind injuries when the cops got their No officer I found him in the road with the two broken legs and that black eye.....

27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

+1 to that!

28. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I don't know about Texas but here, Unisured/Underinsured Motorist only covers your injuries not your car. Your only recourse may be to sue the other driver. Good luck.

B:(B

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I know your car and its a damn shame.
    I see some good advice here, and like doc said,
    its a damn shame our words cant make it any better.

30. yeah, ya might want to go visit this ass hole WHEN he sobers up ,and give him some "old time Justice".

It just ain't right if he gets away with this shit...

Rick