Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge Meadowbrook questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wadelewis88, Sep 29, 2009.

1. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

I have an old Dodge Meadowbrook available to me from my grandparents for when I have the space and funds to do so. It has been sitting behind their barn for years and I was wondering if anyone knows what years this car was made, im guessing mid '50s, and also what the powertrain options were for it. I haven't had a lot of time to get a close look at it as they live 3 hours away from me but i do have pictures available if they help.

2. madpiper

madpiper

i have a 53 meadowbrook its stock with a flat head 6 and a "gyromatic" transmission with 3 on the column and O.D. . i believe in 53 there was a option for the red ram hemi head V8 with 3 speed with O.D. but that may of been for the Coronet.

meadowbrook 051.jpg

3. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

Thanks for the reply, that helps a little bit. I'll post some pics on here later tonight if that helps with the year any. Great looking car as well

4. The Meadowbrook nameplate was available from '49 to '54. It was only available as a 4 door sedan from '49 to '52. '53 and '54 had other body styles.

Gyromatic is NOT 3 speed with overdrive. Gyromatic is a dual range, semi automatic. 3 speed with overdrive is 3 speed with overdrive. Fluid drive is 3 speed with fluid coupler, and Powerflite is two speed automatic

5. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

Hey thanks for all the info, really helps a lot, i reckon I'll have to take another look at it then to get the exact year but this gave me a general idea

Attached Files:

6. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Looks like you've got a '53 or '54 there, the '52 and earlier cars had split windshields.

7. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

more pics for you guys

Attached Files:

8. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

what do you guys think about the Dominion Blue with the Ivory top for this car? and do these pics help any with its year? i appreciate all the info you guys have been giving me. i admit that its may be a few years before i can even get started on it and im young, only 22, but i work in a body shop currently so can do most of the work myself but if anybody has any tips or warnings for me itd be greatly appraciated

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That's a '53. I've got a '54 Meadowbrook with 241 hemi. My dad's first brand new car was a '54 Coronet 4 dr.

10. wadelewis88

wadelewis88
    from kansas

hey thanks for nailing down the year for me. any ideas how difficult a big block is to swap in those or would it be easier to swap in a small block?