Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone interested in fifty's fiberglass boats with fins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

here is my 1959 holiday, thinking about selling not sure yet.I rebuilt the whole thing,if you ever see old boats like thease there usally in pretty bad shape. any one got any picts of their boat

Attached Files:

2. glassguy

glassguy

holy shit that thing is kool!!!!! any more pics?? i had to sell my 63 glastron avalon.. i chopped it put a 56 chevy steering wheel, was gonna put 58 olds chrome fins, and two tone it using 55 chev belair chrome and tow it with my 56 chev wagon,,, but unfortunately there both gone..so keep that bastid!!! what are ya gonna tow it with?

Attached Files:

3. glassguy

glassguy

those fins are begging to have 49 ford tailights frenched into them

4. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

thank's, here is another pict its to bad you had to sell your boat. I don't want to sell but have very little storage and to many projects...I would tow with my 56 merc but its to low... Luck

Attached Files:

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That's cool as all get out. Axle from The shifters is into those things. Here's a pic of my aluminum job, not as cool as yours.

Attached Files:

6. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

The only thing in an old boat,that WORKS.........
    is the CAPTAIN [​IMG]

Don't ask me how I discovered this little pearl of wisdom [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. repoguy

repoguy

One thing I learned from my dad (who always had a boat when I was a kid) is the the word "boat" is actually an acronym.

It stands for "break our another thousand".

That is a really cool one by the way. I dig the little sunbursts on the seats.

8. I had a pretty cool 59 Bell boy Banchee, but my Dad and I started building wooden boats, so I lost interest. (can't build everything!) I gave the boat to Badpat. Hopefully he'll get it done up nice. Check out Fiberglassics.com. All kinds of good info, and pictures.

9. fatabone

fatabone

Your boat is cool I love that style. Here is one I picked up last summer.

Attached Files:

10. Here are some I took a few years ago...owned by axle

Attached Files:

11. 2

Attached Files:

12. 3

Attached Files:

13. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I had a 57 Glastron Fire Flyte and spend years finding all the right NOS parts for it. Loaded it with accessories and the best of everything and then found out that they aren't worth anything when you get done. It was a killer little boat but I'm landlocked and it was just a place to misplace money for me. Yours is killer though. Shame you are thinking about selling it.

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Now, when is somebody gonna come on and say "Hey man, wood is trad and glass sucks!"

Anyhow, I grew up working at my uncles boat dealership from middle school to my mid 20's and man if I only knew then what I know now.

In the 80's people would trade stuff like that in all the time on Sea Rays at the dealership I worked for. Hell, I got stuck with one other guy stripping and redoing a 40's wood Chris Craft (btw, that is what the dealership started selling in the early days and in the 70's they switched to Sea Ray) that some clown painted.

We used to have the craziest boats come through that place.

Wanna hear the part that will make you sick?

My uncle inherited the business from his dad and he pissed it away with bad decisions, bad habits (snort), and he let my aunt spend money like it did grow on a tree.

When the place was finally lost they started to throw away stuff that had been on the thrid floor of the storage area that had been collecting sense they started.

I had no idea about that stuff and I kill myself thinking of all the crazy steering wheels, windscreens, gauges, and material for redoing seats (crazy metal flake stuff), and I did not have the sense to take any of it.

I still remember some material that was orange heavy metal flake with some silver flakes mixed in...man it was sick.

I should have stolen all of it.

Please kick me when you see me.

Love the boats guys!

(I will never own one though, I have had enuff of them to last me a lifetime [​IMG])

15. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Very cool. I have been negotiating with a fellow to swap a Honda motorbike for a fifties era boat. He has glass and aluminum - I like both for different reasons.

Problem is: he is in Maryland, the boats are in Vermont, and I am in Pennsylvania. Patience will make this work eventually, I hope!

Here is one, a Tomahawk.

Attached Files:

16. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Kustom55, is this Alex's old boat?

17. ABone312

ABone312

Here is my '58 Glastron Fireflite as it sat when I picked it up. It is pretty much a stripped out shell, but the hull is in good condition, considering.

Attached Files:

18. I got a pic of one I nearly bought awhile ago and been kicking my ass ever since for not doing so.I'll have to dig the pics out.I'm ashamed to say how much I could've bought it for.

19. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Thats a good lookin boat.Thats exactly what mine looked like when I got it..very similar to mine even. Its a fun build and worth it if you like being on the water. The best part is being out on the water and seing the expressions of the serious boat type, there a different breed...great potential in that one. you should build it....Lucky

20. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

rot'n kustom, do you know what year that tomahawk is? Harly davidson was the sister co. for awhile. I don't remember the years, I think its listed on fiberglassics.com. There isn't alot of them out there.I would check into that and grab it if you can... Lucky

21. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

ABone312, I forgot to mention, if you chop 3-4 inches off the bottom of that windshield and lean it back a little it will look great... Thats what modivated me to keep going with mine.Lucky

22. ABone312

ABone312

One of the other members in the Outkasts was talking about cleaning up behind his shop. He mentioned that he told the scrap metal guys that they had to take the boat if they wanted the other scrap. It got hauled off Thursday, I heard about it on Saturday. We called them up and he hadn't got around to taking the chainsaw to it yet, said we could get it back for $100, but he had already scrapped out the original trailer it had been sitting on. They delivered it back to the shop that day, Monday. I bought a used trailer from a guy for $50 and went and picked it up. It's going to be a while before I get to it, but at least it didn't get the chainsaw.

23. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

My wife spotted this bad boy a couple of months ago and just had a fit to drag it home. I don't know anything about it so if you have any info on these boats that would be great. It's a piece but for $200.00 we couldn't pass it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

sweet deal, it looks pretty clean. Check out fiberglassics.com you can browse thru the old brochure ads.You most likely will find the info your looking for. .great lookin boat.... thank to everyone for the great pictures keep'em coming .. Lucky

25. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

SportnWoode, I just checked fiberglassics go to "the boats"there is a whole page on skagit boats

26. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

Hey all,

Occasional HAMB visitor, first time HAMB poster... Friend Hellfish from the Chrome Czars told me about this thread, and suggested I throw up a shot of my finned water toy.

1960 Aristocraft "Funliner 17" w/original Johnson 75hp V-4 outboard. Was a mess when I bought it a couple years ago --had been abandoned in a garage in Door County Wisconsin since 1973. Didn't run, no interior, needed fiberglass repair, and the previous "repaint" was glopped on heavy gold/orange metalflake (the uncool kind of flake) -- that ran and coated most of the stainless trim.

I bought it becuase I really liked the lines, vintage hardware, bubble windshield, and removable hardtop -- and thought it would look bad ass being towed behind my '64 Olds. The fins are almost a perfect match.

Looks better in pics than it really is, but sure gets a lot of attention on the water.

JR

Attached Files:

27. Hers one i bought to tow behind the 59 chev wagoon...its a 1960 Sangster [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. shot from back.......oh BTW kustom 55 ...that boat rocks!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

the hardtop is cool, does it snap on or latch somehow? where is the pict. taken,the boat looks great against the sky.welcome to the HAMB I'm a newcomer also...Lucky

Everyone has cool boats,Thanks for sharing them keep'em coming.....

30. rusty210

rusty210