Register now to get rid of these ads!

primer nats will it be back??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynstone, Sep 6, 2009.

1. flynstone

flynstone

wow what a great show............unfortunately its a partnership that's going sour....how do i know this,, well we signed a petition along with 36 other clubs to keep the person who dreamed it up in grasp of his baby.. the show, i truly hope it stays the way it is............... 37 clubs cant be to wrong ......

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome show and great people also the atmosphere being next to the beach is awesome....oh and Kiwi Kev's BBQ I would not miss it for the world...my favorite people show up there. I hope it stays.

3. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

I hope so, this was the best to date!

4. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Now not that i am CHEAP but at $45 in a recession come on. most of the guys i talked to from the hamb said the same thing (Holey Crap did you say $45 at the gate?)

5. flynstone

flynstone

pre reg was less and it was 2 days

6. $45 isn't bad for a two-day show! I know that Sunday is pretty small,but it's still a great show regardless...Been to every one,and will continue to go if it stays...

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Don't blame the Recession for being a Cheap HAMB Bastard's,
    Primer Nats Blows Santa Maria away !!

We Shall see if it lives or gets Pounded into the Ground, Hope it stays cus its 15 min from the House ! :D

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

hope it stays it would be a blow to our community if it dissapears,but if someone else picks it up,we could see it move like another paso.

9. roadracer

roadracer

i can't imagine a better place for a car show. i'd love to live in ventura..what a climate..

10. HELLMET

HELLMET

i wanted to take my roadster this weekend but had some bake problems. hey rick what's the deal with the show? billy

11. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Keep the faith , it is a cool show , hopefully it won't change , venue OR direction .

12. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

That would be an awsome idea..Primer Nats in Paso....mmmmmm?:D

13. Jay71

Jay71

Shi**y circumstances John. I hope everything works out for the best for you. Been to every Primer Nats and always had a good time. Hopefully it continues with you at the helm.

14. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

if you do it they will come.......

15. Mooneyes and the Primer Nats are the only shows I do not miss. Mooneyes 'cuz I could walk there, if I wasn't so lazy and the Primer Nats for the people, the cars, the entertainment and the city of La Buenaventura. I hope it stays and I hope John Parker finds a way to keep it.

16. Lucky444

Lucky444

What's going on? It was our first time to the Primer Nats this year, could it be our last? I hope everything gets straightened out and the show remains in the right hands. My wife and I had a great time and really enjoyed the city of Ventura. Would love to be able to go back.

17. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I had my truck pre-registered in the show, and attended both days, I wonder why I didnt hear about the petition???

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

John, you are a stand up guy who works hard and always gets the job done, no matter what the circumstances. I consider you to be a close and personal friend who has ALWAYS been there to lend a hand! You had close to 40 car clubs sign the petition this weekend because so many others feel the same way we do. It behooves your business partners to work this out in a mature and amicable manner , and not try to leave you out to dry. This was your dream and we Hambers ,fellow car club members, and other clubs around So Cal wont stand to see such a great guy get stepped on. If this gets worked out great. If you take YOUR car show and move it else where, rest assured that we will ALL go where ever it is you are. Miguel from the Lifters, another unsung hero in my book. Thanks for taking the time all day Saturday, talking to all the major car clubs and informing them on whats going on. Again John, not to worry. We're with you !
    Axle

19. John, sorry to hear this even though I am a thousand miles away. If all else fails you are welcome with open arms in the mountainbike community! Hotrods and bikes are a great mix, my 54 Chevy, T touring and now my A tudor all will and have hauled my other toys! Now I will go drool over my ASR.

20. Retrorod

Retrorod

This is the first year we missed the P/Nats with both of our cars. The Flower and I always loved it and enjoyed all the people. Unfortunately we are among the many unemployed this year, both of us....we had to sit this one out.

John....I hope things can keep working out for next year, you do a great job.

21. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Well $45 is to much for 1 day. If it was $25 for 1 day and $45 for 2 that's all good.
    But $45!!!! Holy CRAP Cant buy parts there paid to much at the gate.

22. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

don't know what's going on...but primer nats is the best show of the year...
    Great cars good people,hope it stays,always excited to go up to Ventura for the cooler weather....
    $45 at the gate is alot for the one day guys, maybe a sticker can be issued for the 2 day guys,and give the one day guy a different rate..???
    hope it all works out .....

23. You got our support John!
    [​IMG]

24. Since I didn't see the Letter that was passed around I can't comment on that. I will say that the world of rods and custom is littered with broken partnerships, happens all the time. Hope you can work that out.
    As for the cost - are clowns Freakin kidding me? $45.00 for a 2 day show (hell even if you only go one day that's a bargain!) Look, last night the wife and I went to to a Mexican restaurant - some Guacamole, 2 dinners, 2 margaritas (Cadillacs of course) $58.00. Last week went to the movies, $12.00 each, sodas and snacks $16.00 that forty bucks for 3 hours. How about an amusement park like Disneyland, $72.00 per person! Hell, most of these whiners will spend $50.00 to sit around and drink a bunch of beer on a Saturday afternoon, and all you get for that is a crappy feeling the next day.
    Forty five bucks is a bargain!

25. Jay71

Jay71

Never understand why people dont pre-register. $35 for both days. Not bad.

26. krooser

krooser

I hope the show survives... here in Central Wisconsin people are so frugal the guys get three estimates for a haircut.

We had a $25.00 pre-registered rate for the Shakedown and got more out of towners than locals... that's the usual scenario. Everybody's worried you might actually make a profit.

These shows take $$$ to put on... I'm sure in CA it's tons more expensive than here in flyover country.

Good luck with '10 John.

27. elrobo818

elrobo818

wheres that petition? someone put my mark on it please.

good show this past weekend... had a blast!

28. Lucky444

Lucky444

I didn't realize that it's John Parker of the original Yeti Mountain Bike days that's responsible for the Primer Nats! Very cool. I really do hope the BS gets straightened out. We really thought it was a great event. Just the right size to see everything and have some good conversations. AND, the location is killer with the cool ocean breezes blowing through the fair grounds. Best of luck to you John!

29. popawolf

popawolf

John,i was there before it started and ill be there always even if its just me and you back in the corner at bobs.

Mr.wolf

30. I wish I would have known about the petition John. I would have signed it! I've been to every one. Love driving there and all my friends go to that show! The Primer Nats is why I came back to the HAMB! Would be a shame to change location or anything!!!