Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Satan's Chariot T - Wayne Kleb, Spring, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Any more info on this one?
    [​IMG]

2. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

F'n rad! I remember reading about this car in a magazine a few years ago. If I remember correctly this was the first version of the car. The picture I saw of it, it was in a solid color, with a custom "bone shaped" grill, and the exhaust had a curve at the tail end. Or this pic was the second. I also think it said he would use it to tow a custom drag vette... or he would tow it with a custom vette? Damn memory! Oh and a fun fact it was rumored to be the first car with a completely chromed engine, block, heads and all. Sadly enough I can't find pictures of it any where. I hope the good Ole' H.A.M.B. pulls through!

3. houston54

houston54

The Kleb's are one of the early settlers in this part of northern Harris county. There are several family units still farming in the area.

If you really want to track this car down you might google that name and zip code 77379. You should get several hits.

If the car is still in the area I would imagine Bruce and Danny (Hotrodpro) from Bruce's Rod Shop have either seen it in years past or know what happened to it. One of the Kleb farms is about a quarter mile from their shop.

I have not seen it at any of the local cruises or shows.

Hope it is not lost to time.

4. Gotta love that 301, with or without chrome!!! But on a more pertinent note; I like the proportions of it, very few T's are built in that style, and like many show rods of that era, the first incarnation of it was most likely the best.

5. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

<CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>
    did some searching and found this.it was featured in car craft july 1964. wayne kleb has an automotive repair shop not too far from my shop. i'll see if i can get some info.

-danny​
    <CENTER> </CENTER>
    [​IMG]

Item # CC 6407
    Car Craft
    July 1964
    VG+ Condition - Magazine is complete with some cover-wear and minor creasing. The spine shows some use-wear including a 1-inch rip on the bottom. The pages are in surprisingly great shape with just slight yellowing due to age.
    This Issue Includes: Dick Axcell's totally custom '62 Thunderbird feature; Coverage of the San Diego Regional Drags; Restyling the 1964 Buick Special by William A. Moore; Wayne Kleb's '27 T Roadster feature; Chuck Penry's '23 Roadster Pickup feature; Welding - Part 1; How to Prepare for paint; Show coverage of Michigan Hot Rod Association's 12th Annual Show; Millwinders of Houston's Fourth Annual Rod & Custom Show; Smith Brother's '41 Willys feature; Custom '64 Falcon by Dean Jeffries; El Diablo Too A/Dragster feature; How to O-Ring your block; plus more excellent editorial, tech articles and features.
    Another great issue. Car Craft at it's finest.

6. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I have that issue, the T-bird on the cover was shot at Delmar Stadium (which looks exactly the same today, the stadium that is).
    Makes me wonder what happened to the T-bird also.

Maybe one of the Kleb family members has the T in a barn somewhere.

7. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

If they do I want to come take pictures of it lol

8. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

any more pictures? color photos? that's one sweet T.

9. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

just got off the phone with wayne kleb.he was telling me the last time he saw it was in the early 80's at a swap meet in houston. he also said that it spent some time in cali. and was repainted light blue. he said that it was renamed heavens angel,or something like that. he is going to let me scan the old photos,so i will try to give an update when i can.

-danny

10. skunx1964

skunx1964

richard, that was scanned from a lil book i have, prolly one of my fav Ts ever, ill get the other pics up in a sec

11. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

I have that issue as well Kinda ironic though I was gunna thread this as well.
    I googled his name and his # & address came up so I called
    He was more then happy to talk. Told me he lost track of the car in the 80s He sure missed that car.

He also told me He and his son helped to start the friday night deal at the Krogers there in Spring. Haven't been to it yet but I hear they can get up to 400 cars sometimes. He doesn't like the newer cars coming to the show ether so don't take yer ricer's

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It really is a pretty Rad roadster!!! That's definitely the type of car that EVEL and 31Whitey get weak in the knees for.

Early Fog job?

13. skunx1964

skunx1964

14. skunx1964

skunx1964

me too, love that style hot rod!

15. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Your the only thing that makes me weak in the knees...

That car is bad ass... I love the pipes on it.. wacky!!!

I don't think thats an "early" fog job if the mag is from 62 its about right..

Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!Clone it!

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

and check out the nurf bars with the ball on the tips.. sweet,..

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a great example of what a channeled 27 roadster should look like. Perfect stance. And note that the pipes flow and aren't all wacky assed like these guys like to build now.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Damn internet filter at work! I wanna see!

19. I want to see details of the front spring/crossmember, and radiator.

20. skunx1964

skunx1964

ya, id love to see more pics also. looks like a model a style frame setup. i like Ts done like that more than a T style front end or suicide setup

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

It looks like a normal spring on top.. but check out how the shocks mount to the front of the cut off frame horns... also notice the Nurf bar on the passenger side is way off compared to
    the driver side.. wacky!!

Attached Files:

22. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

hey guys that was my dad's car.I'll up load some more pictures of it when I get them scanned,Thank's for all the good word's about the car.Dad is tickled to death that people still know about and like his car.If anybody should find out where the car is,we would love to get the car back and return it to it's former glory.

23. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I love that car..and your dads style..especially those pipes..way cool

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thats AWESOME!!!!!! I love that car... Wow the power of the HAMB is amazing...

What happened to the car?

welcome to the HAMB

25. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Wow how cool is that - Welcome to the HAMB, look forward to the pics.

26. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thats pretty cool where it was shot.And you are right it is exactly the same except for the surrounding bldgs.
    :cool:

27. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

here's a few pics

Attached Files:

28. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

That car is awesome , so is the HAMB.

29. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

a few more the picture of the motor was right after it was chromed,everything on the motor was chrome even the rocker arms push rods and vavle springs. they said you couldn't do the springs but it never failed the last we saw of the car in the early 80's it still had the springs and it was still running.the body was widened 7" to fit over the 34 frame.
    the pictures of it blue were at the houston autorama in the mid 70's one of the last times we saw it together

Attached Files:

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very cool. I hope your father finds it and I hope I get to see it restored sooner or later!!

Viva La HAMB!!!