Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sat. Morn at the ROAD ROCKET RUMBLE in indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Jun 20, 2009.

1. WOW , it started Cloudy then turned Sunny, and what a great day.:D

Last night a strorm blew through, and I mean blew...lost a few tents but all in all,, everyone is OK, although no one has seen Lindross or Suave?:rolleyes:

I could only stay till Noon, so I will miss a lot of the action...but check these out...

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/tierod_bill/RR Rumble 09/?start=all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just a bit of what is going on,, CARS, BANDS AND BEAUTIES.,
    Great weather, good Vendors ...
    Get there...
    Bands tonight.

The rest of the pics are here..

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/tierod_bill/RR Rumble 09/?start=all

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Missed the show for the first time this year and it really stinks... Thanks for posting up your pics!!!

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Had a good time but did not see a bunch of people that usually were there and did not see anyone cutting up a car like in the past couple years but there is always next year.

4. junkyardjeff I think the weather played a big part in that...after the Storms Friday night, and the predected rain for Sat (Which missed us) it might of scarred a bunch of folks off.
    It did not seem to dappen the spirts of those that were there. I meet a bunch of nice folks, Actually meet "Big John" and LEA from Still Runnin... http://www.stillrunnin.com/
    They drove that vette all the way from VA...

[​IMG]

You gotta check out there web site...

The Road Rockets were GREAT HOSTS as usual...THey know how to put onm a great bash...

Thanks ..

The Atomic Punk was there, some great local rods...The Bands were great...I was not disapointed...

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The event in Bowling Green Kentucky might have taken a few of them too.

6. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

there was an event in bowling green???? couldnt tell....yes the storms late friday night were kinda a pain in the ass but we stuck through and had an awesome time on saturday not to mention.....thursday....and friday all day ....before the storms. the music was rockin...the chicks were smokin....and EVERYONE that was there had a GREAT time!!!!!!

as to not having a demo in the lot.....just didnt have any volunteers to have their cars cut up over the weekend. we still had our seminars in the hotel...which were packed all friday afternoon.... REBEL WIRE, MARTIN SENIOR PAINT, and BILLY the KID 'how to on flames, pinstriping, and other stuff.

glad yall came out and had a good time!!! with out all our friends[i.e. you guys] we wouldnt have a show as sucessful as it is!!!!!! thank you and see ya on the road!!!!!!

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

As for the seminars I was not there on friday so I would not have been able to attend since I was there on saturday only and I thought I read on a sign about some on saturday but I was outside the whole time and I like seeing cars cut up,unless I am going blind I did not see GMC Bubba or most of his group and a few others I know were not there this year but had a good time any way.

8. This here rumble was once again a GREAT event!!!!! Even if I only made it out for one day. This is one show well worth a long drive......Great people. and great rides..

9. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

WAY cool to see my old coupe all finished off. lookin REAL nice

10. junkyardjeff..
    GMC Bubba was at a "T" meet, see below;
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372993

BUT...The Bubba's Hot Rod Shop was well represented..
    These are what I remember...
    Lindross, Noodle9000, Sauve, Carbon Guy, EagleTucky, Double Bass, Dodgeman 33, MCDANIEL1234, Meyer (But he don't remember), RUSTYS "T",VOODOOCHILIS , KIRK with his Ford Pickup, 33pickemup, the Stud Pickup, (I think it was MCDANIEL Dad's)...
    A bunch of them had there Significant Others with them too..
    Pipe up If I missed you..

11. NOS455

NOS455
    from Hell

It was a really good show....I go again next year....

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The heat must have gotten too me and I am not smart enough to go inside where its cool to let my brain cool off but I only remember seeing a couple of his groups cars unless they have built new ones that I have not seen yet. Being from Ohio and only getting in the Indy area a couple times a year things can change and I wont know about it,I did not run into any that I remember from the meet and greets at Bubbas and I stayed untill about 4 unless they were in the hotel cooling down.

13. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

The strom was wild Friday night, but still a hell a good time. The vendors got the blunt of that. Hope they where able to recoop on everything.

14. Here's some more pics. :) Another fantastic time at the Rumble.

link

15. The chopped coupe with the Olds motor and open roof?

16. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

great pics, thanks for posting them for us.

17. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

looks like a blast,,,,,,,,road rockets rule,,,,,thanks for posting the pics,,,,,,,,,

18. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

We made it back in to VA late last night from the show,
    it sure was a good one.
    Thanks go out to the Road Rockets for all their effort to put on a great anniversary show,
    we had a blast! It may have been a HOT show, but the Hot Rods were even hotter,
    lots of great rides out there with lots of great people!:D
    Well worth the trip out! Thanks to all involved!

Oh and here is a reality check that the show was over ... while fueling up a "Smart Car" pulled up along side of us, hmmm I can tell you who I think is the smarter of the two automobiles:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009