Register now to get rid of these ads!

IA Junk Yard Finds.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 20twinz, Apr 21, 2009.

1. 20twinz

20twinz

Now I know everone wants to keep their "treasure" finds to them selves and a secret. But I figured I would at least throw up some pics of a few I have come across. Maybe some other Ia guys could post some pics of what you have found as well around the state. No locations needed, just kind of cool to see what all Iowa has hidding in its feilds, woods, and yards. :)

Internationals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pontiac w/ in-line 8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Ford van...
    [​IMG]

Some others
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

54 Chevy bus (AWSOME!)
    [​IMG]

Ford bus
    [​IMG]

Dodge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jonnycola

jonnycola

That dodge is a lincoln

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Your Dodge is a Lincoln! Cool stuff out there. Did you go into the buses?? In my experience, junkyards pack all the really neat debris into old buses.

4. low50s

low50s

I have those locations lol, there is lots more at that place not shown in pictures

5. low50s

low50s

Yeah there was some chopped 9" in the busses, and that was only the 54 and there was a hurst as well that had a BB in it that was pretty sweet

6. 20twinz

20twinz

Yes I did go into the buses but didnt realy find much other then some rear ends and lights, in the few I took pictures of. Their are a few more rides there I want to get some pics of. Its fun to go around and look at these. I could have sworn that on the front bumper of that car it said dodge. BUT, I have been wrong before. :) I'll trust your knowlege over my after thoughts. lol.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

About 15 years ago I got notified that a car I'd sold a few years earlier had been impounded in Red Oak. We went to see it's condition to know if it was worth bailing out (nope!) but where it was at......

The impound yard was in town and overgrown. The proprietors were quite old, I think the owner was napping mid afternoon and couldn't talk. His wife said we couldn't go in the yard and look around cause kids just wanted to jump on cars. We looked like hoodlums and it wasn't worth arguing the point. I couldn't tell if they were legitimately indisposed or if it was make the-out-of-town-guy come back repeatedly til he gives up and abandons the impounded car.

But that yard had stopped in time about 1960. And the visible stuff was crazy complete. Really wished I had the resources then to try and make something happen and always wondered it's fate.

Anybody from around there?

8. Send that '59 Pontiac (with the Chevy truck rim on the back) my way, please -

9. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

If you guys are really good I'll fire up the old computer and post all my junkyard photos, You'll have to wait till tomorrow though.

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Look at the PU cab in the background of the pink Pontiac. It's chopped.

11. low50s

low50s

its chopped and DESTROYED this is one butchered ride, there was another chopped pickup as well, also a 50 gmc that had a moddern frame under it and a v8

12. 5window

5window

35 years ago,there was cool landlocked junkyard along the railroad track just south of Grinnell. I'm too old to walk the tracks when I go out for a visit and the area's pretty grown up now with businesses. Any Iowans know about this one?

13. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

alright i'll bite heres some tin i found in a field we lease ! it's all mine for the taking !

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

try this again !

Attached Files:

15. 20twinz

20twinz

There about 4-5 chopped trucks there that were a hack job and most likely the resone they are there now...:(

16. International made some cool looking trucks. That late '40s K series Haybaler looks very buildable. For what it's worth, the K series INternational trucks used the same door latch and window riser mechanisms as '38-'47 Ford trucks. Even the same handles.

17. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

18. low50s

low50s

gosh i see soo much that i want to get my hands on

19. havi

havi

That KB would look good next to mine. I need that bed!

20. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i,m workin in grinnell tomorrow and you have my curiosity up , i'm gonna have to check it out tommorow after work !

21. Onelow34

Onelow34

I will have pics tomorrow, there is quite a bit of good ol tin left down this way.

22. 5window

5window

I don't know much about it. I know my brother walked down the tracks from the college(south) out of town and then climbed the fence. He's got an old Packard hubcap as a keepsake. I'd guess it was down around where the Walmart was,before it moved across the highway and became Super. I think there's a food store in that space now?

I also tried to find it on Google earth, but the satellite photos available don't shoot in that far.

23. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Shoot I just drove to Iowa and the only salvage yards I seen was full of combines and tractors.. Nice find

24. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Here's some Western Iowa "vintage tin"

Attached Files:

25. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

I researched that one after i talked to you, its gone, sorry man...i was a bit sad.

26. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

Oh and dirtbag, ever been to the stash by otter creek? Not too much for hamb stuff but theres some cool stuff there. Found a 70 plum crazy charger, lots of muscle car stuff and an ol desoto with a chrysler hemi in it. Guys probably got 300or so cars. Went with a buddy that had permission, dont know too much about him, i think it was north of tama.

27. 20twinz

20twinz

I have been here as well. Lots of stuff there, and from what I understand the guy will sell most of it, however he wants a pretty penny for what he has. but like you said.... not much H.A.M.B. style rides. More 1965 after...

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

never knew of the place will have to check it out !

29. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

1910 Baker Electric 1 ton truck chassis, 37 Olds sedan, 65 Cad, Merc. wagon, IH truck. ( 2 others available ) The Baker is mine and priced at $1000.00 Can build to suit. The others can also be bought. Can also build to suit. I can act as middleman if you are interested. All located in Iowa. jw

Attached Files:

30. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

The Baker. The 2 door less fenders is a Buick I think in my last post.

Attached Files: